Glucocard blood monitor
Respironics Personal Best Peak Flow Meter, Full Range (60-810 L/min) - 1 eaTop Selling Items
- Peak flow monitoring measures how quickly can expel air from lungs and can help identify the onset of a problem and avoid a severe asthma episode.
- Easy to use with an integrated asthma management zone system and a large easy to read scale.
- Full range peak flow meters are for older children and adults.
- Quick and easy way to monitor their expiratory rates.
- Lightweight and durable peak flow meter that will fit in a purse or coat pocket.
- With a built in zoned management system.
- Lightweight, compact design is very portable.
- Dual functioning cover bottom half of cover turns into the peak flow meters handle.
- Rugged construction is easy to sterilize safe to boil or put in the dishwasher.
- Easy to use with a comfortable oval mouth piece.
- Peak flow zones are based on the traffic light concept: red means danger, yellow means caution, and green means safe.
- Green: 80 to 100 percent of personal best peak flow measurement; asthma is under control.
- Yellow: 50 to 79 percent of personal best peak flow measurement; asthma is getting worse; may need to use quick-relief medications or other medication, as directed by physician.
- Red: below 50 percent of personal best peak flow measurement; medical alert, take quick-relief medication and seek medical help immediately.
- The three zone management system is to help recognize when the asthma may start to become uncontrolled.
- The goal is to stay within the green zone (80 percent value) of personal best peak flow range.
Based on personal best peak flow measurement (the optimal level of lung function), three peak flow zones include:
Personal Best peak flow meter should be used regularly to check how well asthma is being controlled. It can be a valuable tool to help identify asthma triggers and determine how well short-term, quick-relief asthma medication is working.
The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) recommend measuring lung function during the following times:
Please read all label information carefully on delivery and prior to use.