Food science of Vermont vitamin K2 plus menaquinone-7 capsules
A dietary supplement to support healthy bone structure and function.
Vitamin K2 Plus is a blend of Menaquinone-7, Vitamin D3 and Inulin. Inulin supports intestinal absorption of calcium (from foods), which is important for maintenance of proper bone density. This formula supports bone health and
function as well as optimal utilization of Vitamin K2 in the intestinal tract.
- Vitamin K2:
- Works primarily outside of the liver in bones and blood vessels.
- Vitamin K2 known as menaquinone (MK) 7 is the form that has been shown to support bone formation.
- When vitamin K2 is deficient or not well used in our bodies, bone structure and function can be compromised.
- Factors that cause a vitamin K deficiency include: poor diet, the use of certain prescription drugs, as well as long term use of antibiotics.
- Vitamin K2 and bone health:
- Vitamin K2 supports bone metabolism and healthy bone growth.
- Vitamin K is necessary for the activation of osteocalcin, a protein necessary to transport calcium from the blood to form healthy bone matrix.
- Vitamin K functions primarily as a co-factor for the enzyme responsible for the carboxylation of specific bone proteins. Carboxylation is an important biochemical processs that gives the bone proteins claws so they can hold onto calcium. Proteins that dont get enough Vitamin K cant
hold onto calcium. Without a functioning protein to control calcium, it will drift out of bone and into other soft tissue. Vitamin K2 helps to redirect the placement of calcium.
- Vitamin D3:
- Vitamin D is an essential aid in the absorption and utilization of calcium and phosphorus.
- Its necessary for normal growth and development of bones as it is necessary for calcium deposition in the bones.
- Inulin belongs to a class of carbohydrates (fibers) known as fructans.
- Fructans have been shown to stimulate the growth of friendly and healthy intestinal bacteria, support the immune system and support mineral absorption especially calcium.
- Inulin is metabolized similarly to soluble, dietary fiber. It resists digestion in the upper gastrointestinal tract and is fermented by microflora, in the large intestine.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
vegetable cellulose, vegetable stearate.
- As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, once or twice daily.
- Do not take this product if you are taking anticoagulant/anti-platelet drugs such as Warfarin/Coumadin. If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your health care practitioner before taking this product.
Shipping Weight : 0.20 lb