MANUFACTURER: WYETH CONSUMER.
INDICATIONS: Dimetapp Childrens Cold and Allergy Relief Syrup, Grape Flavor
Dimetapp has the congestion�fighting power to relieve stuffy noses. It also tackles even the most bothersome runny noses which lets you and your child breathe a whole lot easier. Dimetapp Cold & Allergy is available in both Syrup and Chewable Tablet forms. And both come in the grape flavor that kids love. temporarily relieves nasal congestion due to the common cold, hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies.
Temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever (allergic rhinitis) :
- runny nose sneezing itchy, watery eyes.
- itching of the nose or throat.
- temporarily restores freer breathing through the nose.
Brompheniramine maleate, USP 1 mg. Antihistamine Phenylephrine HCl, USP 2. 5 mg. Nasal decongestant.
Artificial flavor, citric acid, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol, sucralose.
Do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period.
12 years and older: 4 teaspoons every 6 hours.
6 to under 12 years : 2 teaspoons every 6 hours.
Under 6 years : ask docotor.
Do not use in a child under 2 years of age.
If you are now taking a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have: heart disease, high blood pressure, thyroid disease, diabetes, trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland, glaucoma, cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus).
A breathing problem or persistent or chronic cough that lasts such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.