MANUFACTURER: TOM'S OF MAINE.
- Why Tom's of Maine for sensitive teeth? The ingredients in Tom's of Maine Toothpaste for Sensitive Teeth help reduce the incidence of pain while efficiently cleaning your teeth. Our active ingredient, potassium nitrate, is clinically proven effective in soothing sensitive teeth and is derived from naturally occurring deposits of nitrate ore rather than the synthetic nitrates used by other brands. Our safe, low abrasion formula protects tooth enamel while cleaning teeth.
- Natural Flavor: We blend wintergreen and peppermint oils for a smooth, refreshing flavor that avoids bitterness.
- The 5 Day Flavor Test: Tom's toothpaste is different from major brands because it does not contain saccharin, a synthetic sweetener 400 times sweeter than sugar. Your taste buds may need a chance to adjust to the experience of a natural flavor. Try this simple test. Use Tom's for 5 days. Then try your regular brand. We'll wager you'll stay with the clean, refreshing taste of Tom's.
- How do we define natural? By natural we mean that the product is made from ingredients whose ultimate source is nature and is simply formulated, using only those ingredients required to perform a necessary function. We also mean that the product contains no artificial preservatives, artificial dyes, or artificial sweeteners (like saccharin). On each box we list our ingredients, their purpose and source. We believe you have a right to know.
- What causes sensitive teeth?
Our teeth are protected by enamel. When enamel is worn away or gums recede, dentin underneath becomes exposed and teeth become sensitive, especially to hot and cold foods. This is called dentin hypersensitivity. It is usually experienced as we age, but tooth grinding, gum disease, and brushing too hard can also contribute.
Builds increasing protection against painful sensitivity of the teeth to cold, heat, acids, sweets or contact
California’s Proposition 65 Warning: May This item contains chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. Reference by California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) at: www.oehha.ca.gov/prop65/prop65_list/Newlist.html.
Glycerin, Calcium Carbonate, Water, Hydrated Silica, Sodium Bicarbonate, Xylitol, Wintergreen Oil (galtheria procumbens), Peppermint Oil (mentha piperita), Other Natural Flavors, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Carrageenan (chondrus crispus), Cocamidopropyl Betaine.
Adults and children 12 years of age and older:
Apply at least a 1-inch strip of this product onto a soft bristle toothbrush. Brush teeth thoroughly for 1-minute, twice-a-day (morning and evening), or as recommended by a dentist or doctor. Make sure to brush all sensitive areas of the teeth.
Children under 12 years of age:
Consult a dentist or doctor.
Sensitive teeth may indicate a serious problem that may need prompt care by a dentist. See your dentist if the problem persists or worsens. Do not use this product longer than 4 weeks unless recommended by a dentist or doctor.
Shipping Weight : 0.60 lb
Overall Customer Rating of 2 Reviews: