MANUFACTURER: PROCTER & GAMBLE CONSUMER. Metamucil Smooth Texture Powder, Sugar Free Berry 23.3 oz
- #1 Doctor recommended brand
- The only leading fiber supplement brand with 100% natural psyllium fiber
- Metamucil with 100% natural psyllium fiber is a daily fiber supplement that helps to promote digestive and heart health.
California’s Proposition 65 Warning: May This item contains chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. Reference by California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) at: www.oehha.ca.gov/prop65/prop65_list/Newlist.html.
Psyllium Husk (Approximately 3.4g).
In Active Ingredients
Acesulfame Potassium, Artificial Flavor, Aspartame, Citric Acid, FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C Red No. 40, Malic Acid, Maltodextrin.
Drug: Put one dose into an empty glass. Mix this product (child or adult dose) with at least 8 ounces (a full glass) of water or other fluid. Taking this product without enough liquid may cause choking. See choking warning. Stir briskly and drink promptly. If mixture thickens, add more liquid and stir.
- Adults 12 years and older: 1 Rounded teaspoon in 8 oz of liquid at the first sign of irregularity. Can be taken up to 3 times daily. Generally produces effect in 12-72 hours.
- 6-11 years: 1/2 Adult dose in 8 oz of liquid, up to 3 times daily.
- Under 6 years: Consult a doctor
- New Users: Start with 1 dose per day; gradually increase to 3 doses per day as necessary.
Bulk-forming fibers like psyllium husk may affect how well other medicines work. If you are taking a prescription medicine by mouth, take this product at least 2 hours before or 2 hours after the prescribed medicine. As your body adjusts to increased fiber intake, you may experience changes in bowel habits or minor bloating.
- Other information:
- Each teaspoon contains: Potassium 35 mg; Sodium 5 mg
- Phenylketonurics: Contains phenylalanine, 16 mg per teaspoon
- Store at room temperature tightly closed to protect from humidity
- See bottom of canister for expiration date
- Contains a 100% natural, therapeutic fiber.
- Fiber Supplement:
- Adults 12 years and older: 1 Rounded teaspoon in 8 oz of liquid up to 3 times daily for daily fiber supplement; 3 times daily for cholesterol lowering to promote heart health.
- Under 12 years: Consult a doctor.
See mixing directions in Drug Facts.
Notice: Mix this product with at least 8 oz (a full glass) of liquid. Taking without enough liquid may cause choking. Do not take if you have difficulty swallowing.
Choking: Taking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block your throat or esophagus and may cause choking. Do not take this product if you have difficulty in swallowing. If you experience chest pain, vomiting, or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention.
Allergy alert: This product may cause allergic reaction in people sensitive to inhaled or ingested psyllium.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- A sudden change in bowel habits persisting for 2 weeks
- Abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Constipation lasts more than 7 days
- Rectal bleeding occurs
These may be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, contact a doctor or a Poison Control Center right away.
Please read all label information carefully on delivery and prior to use.
Shipping Weight : 1.60 lb