Nix Complete Lice Treatment System
Single application kills lice and their eggs and prevents reinfestation for 14 days.This package contains all of the following:
- Nix creme rinse (Permethrin)
- Metal lice comb with detangling feature
- Disposable application gloves
- Hair salon cape
- 5 X 5 inched drop cloth
Please Read Item Label and Packaging for Recent Product Information.
Read all directions in the Consumer Information Insert and warnings before use. Keep the carton. If contains important information.Inspect:
- All household members should be checked by another person for lice and/or nits (eggs).
- Use a magnifying glass in bright light to help you see the lice and nits (eggs).
- Use a tool, such as a comb or two unsharpened pencils to lift and part the hair.
- Look for tiny nits near the scalp, beginning at the back of the neck and behind the ears.
- Small sections of hair (1-2 inches wide) should be examined at a time.
- Unlike dandruff, nits stick to the hair. Dandruff should move when lightly touched.
- If either lice or nits (eggs) are found, treat with creme rinse.
- Wash hair with a shampoo without conditioner. Do not use a shampoo that contain a conditioner or a conditioner alone since this may decrease the activity of Nix. Rinse with water
- Towel dry hair so it is damp but not wet.
- Shake the bottle of nix well.
- Completely saturate the hair and scalp with Nix.
- Begin to apply NIX behind the ears and at the back of the neck.
- Keep nix out of the eyes. Protect the eyes with a washcloth or towel.
- Leave nIX on the hair for 10 minutes, but no longer.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Towel dry hair and comb out tangles.
- If live lice are seen seven days or more after the first treatment, a second treatment should be given.
- Remove nits by combing the hair with the special small tooth comb provided. Remaining nits may be removed by hand (using a throw-away glove), or cutting the nits out.
- Use the nit comb provided and make sure the hair remains slightly damp while removing nits.
- If the hair dries during combing, dampen it slightly with water.
- Part the hair into 4 sections. Work on one section at a time. Longer hair may take more time (1-2 hours).
- Start at the top of the head on the section have picked.
- With one hand, lift a 1-2 inch wide strand of hair. Get the teeth of the comb as close to the scalp as possible and comb with a firm, even motion away from the scalp to the end of the hair.
- Use clips to pin back each strand of hair after you have combed out the nits.
- Clean the comb completely as go. Wipe the nits from the comb with a tissue and throw away the tissue in a sealed plastic bag to prevent the lice from coming back.
- After combing, recheck the entire head for nits and repeat combing if necessary.
- Check the affected head daily to remove any nits that might have missed.
- Store at 20 to 25 degreeC (68 to 77 degreeF).
- Important: Read all the directions in the consumer information sheet and warnings before use.
- For external use only.
- Do not use:
- On children under 2 months of age
- Near the eyes
- Inside the nose, ear, mouth or vagina
- On lice in eyebrows or eyelashes. See your doctor.
- Ask a doctor before use if are allergic to ragweed. May cause breathing difficulty or an asthmatic episode.
- When using this product:
- Keep eyes tightly closed and protect eyes with a washcloth or towel.
- If product gets into the eyes, immediately flush with large amounts of water.
- Scalp itching or redness may occur.
- It pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If swallowed, get medical help or contact a poison control center right away.
Please read all label information carefully on delivery and prior to use.
Shipping Weight : 1.40 lb