Nix Complete Lice Treatment System
Single application kills lice and their eggs and prevents reinfestation for 14 days.This package contains all of the following:
- Nix creme rinse (Permethrin)
- Metal lice comb with detangling feature
- Disposable application gloves
- Hair salon cape
- 5 X 5 inched drop cloth
California’s Proposition 65 Warning: May This item contains chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. Reference by California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) at: www.oehha.ca.gov/prop65/prop65_list/Newlist.html.
Please Read Item Label and Packaging for Recent Product Information.
Read all directions in the Consumer Information Insert and warnings before use. Keep the carton. If contains important information.Inspect:
- All household members should be checked by another person for lice and/or nits (eggs).
- Use a magnifying glass in bright light to help you see the lice and nits (eggs).
- Use a tool, such as a comb or two unsharpened pencils to lift and part the hair.
- Look for tiny nits near the scalp, beginning at the back of the neck and behind the ears.
- Small sections of hair (1-2 inches wide) should be examined at a time.
- Unlike dandruff, nits stick to the hair. Dandruff should move when lightly touched.
- If either lice or nits (eggs) are found, treat with creme rinse.
- Wash hair with a shampoo without conditioner. Do not use a shampoo that contain a conditioner or a conditioner alone since this may decrease the activity of Nix. Rinse with water
- Towel dry hair so it is damp but not wet.
- Shake the bottle of nix well.
- Completely saturate the hair and scalp with Nix.
- Begin to apply NIX behind the ears and at the back of the neck.
- Keep nix out of the eyes. Protect the eyes with a washcloth or towel.
- Leave nIX on the hair for 10 minutes, but no longer.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Towel dry hair and comb out tangles.
- If live lice are seen seven days or more after the first treatment, a second treatment should be given.
- Remove nits by combing the hair with the special small tooth comb provided. Remaining nits may be removed by hand (using a throw-away glove), or cutting the nits out.
- Use the nit comb provided and make sure the hair remains slightly damp while removing nits.
- If the hair dries during combing, dampen it slightly with water.
- Part the hair into 4 sections. Work on one section at a time. Longer hair may take more time (1-2 hours).
- Start at the top of the head on the section have picked.
- With one hand, lift a 1-2 inch wide strand of hair. Get the teeth of the comb as close to the scalp as possible and comb with a firm, even motion away from the scalp to the end of the hair.
- Use clips to pin back each strand of hair after you have combed out the nits.
- Clean the comb completely as go. Wipe the nits from the comb with a tissue and throw away the tissue in a sealed plastic bag to prevent the lice from coming back.
- After combing, recheck the entire head for nits and repeat combing if necessary.
- Check the affected head daily to remove any nits that might have missed.
- Store at 20 to 25 degreeC (68 to 77 degreeF).
- Important: Read all the directions in the consumer information sheet and warnings before use.
- For external use only.
- Do not use:
- On children under 2 months of age
- Near the eyes
- Inside the nose, ear, mouth or vagina
- On lice in eyebrows or eyelashes. See your doctor.
- Ask a doctor before use if are allergic to ragweed. May cause breathing difficulty or an asthmatic episode.
- When using this product:
- Keep eyes tightly closed and protect eyes with a washcloth or towel.
- If product gets into the eyes, immediately flush with large amounts of water.
- Scalp itching or redness may occur.
- It pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If swallowed, get medical help or contact a poison control center right away.
Please read all label information carefully on delivery and prior to use.
Shipping Weight : 1.40 lb