Perrigo Benzoyl Peroxide 10 Percent Hydroalcoholic Base Acne Gel
- Benzoyl peroxide kills the Propionibacterium acnes bacteria that infects blackheads and whiteheads and turns them into pimples.
- Benzoyl peroxide is an antibacterial agent with demonstrated activity against Propionibacterium acnes.
- Benzoyl peroxide is known to dermatologists as the gold standard of topical acne relief.
- When applied to acne prone skin, whether as a pimples cream, gel or lotion, it breaks down into hydrogen peroxide and benzoic acid.
- Benzoyl peroxide is absorbed by the skin where it is metabolized to benzoic acid and excreted as benzoate in the urine.
California’s Proposition 65 Warning: May This item contains chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. Reference by California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) at: www.oehha.ca.gov/prop65/prop65_list/Newlist.html.
- To use the gel wash and wet the affected area.
- Use hands to apply the medicine and gently wash.
- Rinse with water and pat dry.
- Wash hands after using this medicine.
- Store this medicine at room temperature in a tightly-closed container, away from heat and light.
- For external use only.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Avoid contact with hair, fabrics or carpeting as benzoyl peroxide will cause bleaching.
Shipping Weight : 0.40 lb