3M Nexcare Probe Covers for digital thermometers, Disposable
3M Nexcare Probe Coversfor digital thermometers are easy to use and helps stop germs from spreading. They fit any 3M Nexcare digital thermometer and can be used once and then discarded. Each box contains 30 probe covers.
Features and Benefits:
- Helps prevent spread of germs.
- Fits any Nexcare digital thermometer.
- Single use and then discard.
California’s Proposition 65 Warning: May This item contains chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. Reference by California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) at: www.oehha.ca.gov/prop65/prop65_list/Newlist.html.
Instructions For Use:
- 1. INSERT THERMOMETER
- 2. REMOVE PROTECTIVE COVER
Peel off the blue protective cover. Remove the backing paper.
Thermometer is now ready to use. Take the temperature according to thermometer instructions.
- For rectal use: After removing the backing paper, lubricate the tip end of the probe cover with a water-soluble jelly. Hold the red tab of the probe cover to ensure that the probe cover remains on the thermometer when the thermometer is removed from the rectum.
- 3. TO DISPOSE OF PROBE COVER
Grasp probe cover at red arrow with thumb and forefinger, remove thermometer and dispose of probe cover. - OR - Cover used probe cover tip with a tissue, remove thermometer and dispose of tissue and probe cover.
- 4. READ TEMPERATURE
Displayed on the digital thermometer.
- Fits any NEXCARE DIGITAL THERMOMETER
Nexcare Digital Thermometer Probe Covers are designed to provide a safe, sanitary, easy way to dispose of the inner sheath. Your hands need never touch the inner sheath. The possibility of spreading germs is reduced to a minimum.
Hospitals use this same disposable probe cover system millions of times every month to protect patients and hospital staff from the spread of germs.
NOTE: When taking oral temperatures, teeth may penetrate the probe cover. Therefore, as a precaution after each use, the thermometer probe should be wiped with 70 percent isopropyl alcohol or with soap and warm (not hot) water.
- DO NOT IMMERSE IN LIQUID, NOR SUBMERGE THE ENTIRE THERMOMETER IN LIQUID.
- CAUTION: Use with adult supervision to reduce the potential of inhaling or swallowing probe covers.
Shipping Weight : 0.20 lb