MANUFACTURER: EMERSON HEALTHCARE.
INDICATIONS:Bioglan calcuim bone strengthener dietary supplement tablets
It is more than just a calcium supplement. With 4 forms of Calcium, it is specifically formulated to address loss of bone density that can lead to Osteoporosis. This comprehensive formula also contains additional fortifying nutrients important for healthy bone formation.
What is Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis means 'porous bones' and is a condition where bones lose their density and strength, becoming weak, fragile and brittle. Osteoporosis occurs when bones lose �bone building� minerals such as calcium and other minerals important to bone health, and the body cannot replace these minerals fast enough to keep bones strong. As a result, bones become thinner and less dense, increasing the risk of fracture. Commonly these fractures occur in the wrist, hip or spine.
Why is calcium intake important throughout life?
Calcium plays an essential role in building and maintaining bone. The main mineral in bones is calcium, accounting for approx 67% of bone weight. Bones also act as the body�s reservoir for calcium � when the amount of calcium in your blood falls below a certain level the body draws calcium from the bones. Calcium is used in important functions of the body eg: heart, muscles, blood and nerves. Calcium levels in the body need to be replenished daily by consuming calcium in the diet.
Bioglan calcuim bone strengthener contains:
- An essential mineral for maintaining good bone health. This formula contains calcium in four highly.
- Recommended compound forms for a wider range of absorption.
- Providing superior absorbency and bio-availability.
- Essential for the metabolism of calcium in bone.
- Magnesium supplementation is recommended at a 1:2 ratio to Calcium.
- Vitamin D3 Necessary for absorption of calcium and phosphorus, and incorporating these into the bone.
- Vitamin K Plays a significant role in bone mineralisation.
- Boron Plays a role in converting Vitamin D into its active form.
- Vitamin C Essential in manufacture of collagen, the major component of the protein matrix.
- Zinc, Manganese and Copper Important cofactors in the growth and maintenance of strong bones.
- Folate, Vitamins B6 & B12 Help regulate homocysteine levels, high levels of which have been linked to osteoporosis.
Each tablet contains: Calcium carbonate (equiv. calcium 129mg) 322mg, Hydroxyapatite (equiv. calcium 80mg) 303mg, Calcium citrate (equiv. calcium 45mg) 213mg, Calcium hydrogen phosphate (equiv. calcium 80mg) 343mg, Total Elemental Calcium 334mg, Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol 134 IU) 3.35mcg, Magnesium oxide (equiv. magnesium 167mg) 277mg, Vitamin K (Phytomenadione) 20mcg, Boron 500mcg, Zinc oxide (equiv. zinc 1.17mg) 1.46mg, Cupric sulphate (equiv. copper 141.7mcg) 557mcg, Manganese sulphate (equiv. manganese 417mcg) 1.28mg, Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 30mg, Folic acid 134mcg, Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 0.8mcg, Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride) 30mg.
Take 1-3 tablets daily with food, or as directed by your healthcare professional.
- Vitamins can only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate.
- This product contains pyridoxine hydrochloride which may be dangerous when used in large amounts or for a long time.
- If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional.
- Bottle sealed for your protection.
- Store below 30 degrees C, away from direct sunlight.
California’s Proposition 65 Warning: May This item contains chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. Reference by California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) at: www.oehha.ca.gov/prop65/prop65_list/Newlist.html.