MANUFACTURER: TEC LABORATORIES. INDICATIONS: Outdoor Poison Oak And Ivy Skin Cleanser By TecnuSimply apply Tecnu to dry skin for two minutes and rinse with cool water or wipe off with a cloth. When used within 2-8 hours after exposure to the plants, Tecnu can remove urushiol oil before the rash begins. Once the rash has started, washing with Tecnu helps remove any free oil on skin allowing the natural healing process to begin without possible re-contamination. Urushiol oil can also spread from contaminated clothing, shoes, gloves, tools and pets. Since the oil does not evaporate, it can remain on these items for months or even years at a time. Use Tecnu to remove the oil and avoid a rash from secondary contact.
Remove irritants from your skin that could turn into itchy problems. Use Tecnu Original Outdoor Skin Cleanser after you have been outdoors to remove the rash causing oil, urushiol (oo-roo-she-all) from poison ivy, oak and sumac.INGREDIENTS:
Deodorized Mineral Spirits; Water; Propylene Glycol; Octylphenoxy-Polyethoxyethanol; Mixed Fatty Acid Soap; Fragrance.
Tecnu is most effective when used within the first 2 hours after exposure or as soon as rash appears. When exposed to poison plants or outdoors cutting firewood, camping or gardening, clean up with Tecnu every few hours to significantly reduce the effects of exposure. Tecnu should be used with free-flowing water. Tub baths may spread the oils that cause the rash.
BEFORE RASH HAS STARTED: Apply Tecnu to exposed unwetted skin within 2 to 8 hours after exposure to poison plants.
AS SOON AS RASH APPEARS: Apply Tecnu to affected skin and surrounding areas.
- Rub vigorously for 2 minutes to remove oils and other contaminants from skin.
- If hyper-sensitive, wash entire body with Tecnu.
- Rinse skin clean with cool running water or wipe off with a cloth. Repeat.
To Clean Clothing and Equipment: Saturate contaminated, unwetted clothing with Tecnu. (First check for color fastness by testing a concealed corner of the fabric. )
- For best results apply to entire body.
- Rub in for 2 minutes but avoid breaking skin.
- Rinse with cool running water to remove Tecnu and poison oils.
- If itching persists, reapply Tecnu, then rinse in very warm shower (not a bath).
- Towel dry gently.
- Repeat as needed and before retiring.
- Let soak for several minutes. Launder clothing by itself as usual with detergent and hot water.
- Equipment and tools should be wiped down with a clean cloth saturated with Tecnu.
- Wipe clean or rinse off with running water.
- Clean hands with Tecnu after handling contaminated items.
Shipping Weight : 1.20 lbWarning
California’s Proposition 65 Warning: May This item contains chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. Reference by California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) at: www.oehha.ca.gov/prop65/prop65_list/Newlist.html.
Shipping Weight : 1.30 lb