Home > First Aid, Wound Care > Clinical Wound Care > Dressing and Pads >
Smith and Nephew Allevyn hydrocellular non-adhesive foam dressing, 4 x 4 inch - 10 pack
Smith and Nephew Allevyn hydrocellular non-adhesive foam dressing is a unique trilaminate structure.
You Save: $14.06 (13.3%)
Availability: In Stock
Usually Ships in 1-2 Business Days
MANUFACTURER: SMITH & NEPHEW.
INDICATIONS:Smith and Nephew Allevyn hydrocellular non-adhesive foam dressing, 4 x 4 inch
It has a polyurethane wound contact layer which prevents adherence to a full range of wound types. The outer, pink layer used on Allevyn Non-Adhesive dressings is a breathable film. This allows the formation and maintenance of a moist wound healing environment at the wound surface, preventing eschar formation. The pink film is also waterproof and assists in preventing bacterial strike through. It is recommended for wounds surrounded by sensitive skin, such as venous leg ulcers. The lack of adhesive allows the use of the most suitable retention method, for example, tape onto intact skin, appropriate bandaging or a film dressing such as OpSite Flexigrid. It is conformable and can be cut to suit various wound shapes and locations. As Allevyn Non-Adhesive dressings absorb exudate, they may swell slightly, but do not leave debris in the wound. Dressing changes are therefore easier for the nurse and less traumatic for the patient; wound irrigation can be kept to a minimum. The progression of exudate through the dressing is visible through the pink top film.
- Unique trilaminate structure.
- Non adherent wound contact layer.
- Highly absorbent central hydrocellular layer.
- Waterproof outer film layer.
- Non adhesive.
- Full range of sizes.
- Do not use ALLEVYN dressings with oxidising agents such as hypochlorite solutions (e. g. Dakins) or hydrogen peroxide, as these can break down the absorbent hydrocellular component of the dressing.
- Reddening of the skin around the wound has been reported rarely following the use of ALLEVYN? dressings.
- In some cases this relates to irritation of fragile skin, in others, wound exudate remaining in contact with normal skin for prolonged periods may be the cause.
- Infrequently, cases of sensitivity to the dressing have also been reported.
- If reddening or sensitization occur, discontinue use and consult a healthcare professional.
- ALLEVYN Hydrocellular Foam Dressing is not indicated for use on third degree burns.
Shipping Weight : 0.30 lb