MANUFACTURER: SMITH & NEPHEW.
INDICATIONS:Smith and Nephew Profore Lite multi layer compression bandages, #66000771
It is indicated for the management of mixed aetiology leg ulcers, where assessment has identified that the patient has some degree of arterial impairment which prevents the use of full compression.
Each Profore Lite Multi-Layer Compression Bandage System pack contains the following:
- One Profore WCL - Sterile Wound Contact Layer - helps protect the wound site and help wick away exudate into the absorbent padding.
- One Profore #1 absorbent padding bandage - helps absorb exudate and helps protect bony prominences.
- One Profore #2 light conformable bandage - helps absorb exudate and helps prepare and sculpt the leg for the application of the pressure layers.
- One Profore #4 cohesive compression bandage - helps maintain continuous compression and keeps the system in place for up to a full week.
- Should the patient develop pain or pale, cool or numb extremities distal to the dressing, the bandages should be promptly removed.
- Patients with a low ABPI and symptoms of arterial disease should be seen by a vascular specialist before application of compression.
- Care should be taken that very thin, bony, legs or legs with a prominent calf bone should be protected with extra padding.
- The pressure under the bandage could bruise and harm unprotected / unpadded skin especially over bony parts of the leg.
- Compression bandaging to a leg which already has a partially blocked blood supply could completely stop the flow of blood into the leg and lead to the death of skin and muscle of the leg.
- Death of the muscle and skin of the leg could lead to further complications and possibly amputation of the leg.
- This product has components that contain natural rubber latex which may cause allergic reactions in some individuals.
California’s Proposition 65 Warning: May This item contains chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. Reference by California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) at: www.oehha.ca.gov/prop65/prop65_list/Newlist.html.
Shipping Weight : 0.50 lb