Hibiclens antimicrobial and antiseptic skin cleanser liquid
Has antiseptic activity and a persistent animicrobial effect with rapid bactericidal activity against a wide range of microorganisms. Prevents skin infection thereby reducing the risk of cross-infection.
Please Read Item Label and Packaging for Recent Product Information.
Skin wound and general skin cleansing:
Surgical hand scrub:
- Wounds which involve more than the superficial layers of the skin should not be routinely treated with Hibiclens.
- Hibiclens should not be used for repeated general skin cleansing of large body areas except in those patients whose underlying condition makes it necessary to reduce the bacterial population of the skin.
- To use, thoroughly rinse the area to be cleansed with water.
- Apply the minimum amount of Hibiclens necessary to cover the skin or wound area and wash gently.
- Rinse again thoroughly.
Personnel hand wash:
- Wet hands and forearms with water.
- Scrub for 3 minutes with about 5ml of Hibiclens and a wet brush, paying particular attention to the nails, cuticles and interdigital spaces.
- A separate nail cleaner may be used.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Wash for an additional 3 minutes with 5ml of Hibiclens and rinse under running water.
- Dry thoroughly.
Preoperative skin preparation:
- Wet hands with water.
- Dispense about 5ml of Hibiclens into cupped hands and wash in a vigorous manner for 15 seconds.
- Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Apply Hibiclens liberally to surgical site and swab for at least 2 minutes.
- Dry with a sterile towel.
- Repeat procedure for an additional 2 minutes and dry with a sterile towel.
- For external use only.
- Keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth.
- Hibiclens should not be used as a preoperative skin preparation of the face or head.
- Misuse of Hibiclens has been reported to cause serious and permanent eye injury when it has been permitted to enter and remain in the eye during surgical procedures.
- If Hibiclens should contact these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with water.
- Avoid contact with meninges.
- Hibiclens should not be used by persons who have a sensitivity to it or its components.
- Chlorhexedine gluconate has been reported to cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated ear drums.
- Irritation, sensitization and generalized allergic reactions have been reported with chlorhexedine-containing products, especially in the genital areas.
- If adverse reactions occur, discontinue use immediately and if severe, contact a physician.
- Keep this and all drugs out of the reach of children.
- In case of accidental ingestion, seek professional assistance or contact a poison control center immediately.
- Store at controlled room temperature 68 degrees - 77 degrees F.
Shipping Weight : 0.70 lb