NeilMed Sinus Rinse Extra Strength Premixed Packets
- Use for:
- Nasal allergies, dryness and hay fever.
- Sinus pressure and nasal stuffiness.
- Nasal symptoms from flu and cold.
- Nasal irritation from occupational dust, fumes, animal dander, grass, pollen, smoke and house dust.
- Post nasal drip and nasal congestion.
- 30 Hypertonic packets of USP grade (purity level 99% or higher) sodium chloride and sodium bicarbonate mixture (pH balanced, preservative and iodine free).
- Isotonic - Sodium chloride 9 mg/ml of water or hypertonic 18mg/ml of water.
- Educational brochure including directions for use.Advantages:
- Large volume and low pressure system for saline nasal irrigation, miniaturization and nasal hygiene.
- Preservative, drug, iodine, BPA, gluten and latex free.
- Premixed packets of USP grade sodium chloride and sodium bicarbonate (purity level 99% or higher).
- Excellent cleansing prior to spraying nasal corticosteroids.
- pH balanced and isotonic or hypertonic depending on the dilution.
- Suitable for use after sinus surgery and during pregnancy.
- Consult physician with any concerns for use during pregnancy, use with children or use after surgery.
- Portable for travel.
Helps for saline nasal irrigation, miniaturization and nasal hygiene: Makes 16800 ml (240 oz) Hypertonic 1.8% (w/v) or 33600 ml (480 oz) isotonic solution 0.9% (w/v).
Isotonic Saline is defined as 9 mg of sodium chloride per ml of water. Any concentration higher than this is defined as hypertonic. Limited research shows that a hypertonic saline solution may be more effective in reducing nasal mucosal or nasal lining congestion on a short term basis of a few hours. The theory is that hypertonic salt solution will draw water component out of the congested nasal tissue. It is possible that you may experience temporary burning or stinging with the hypertonic solution. If you experience any burning or discomfort, please use an isotonic solution. For convenience, one Neilmed blue packet in 240 ml of water is isotonic and one green packet in 240 ml is hypertonic.
California’s Proposition 65 Warning: This item contains chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. Reference by California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) at: www.oehha.ca.gov/prop65/prop65_list/Newlist.html.
- Please wash hands.
- Fill the clean bottle with the designated volume of lukewarm distilled, filtered or previously boiled water.
- May warm the water in a microwave in increments of 5 to 10 seconds to avoid overheating the water, damaging the device or scalding your nasal passage.
- Cut the sinus rinse mixture packet at the corner and pour its contents into the bottle.
- Tighten the cap and tube on the bottle securely.
- Place one finger over the tip of the cap and shake the bottle gently to dissolve the mixture.
- Standing in front of a sink, bend forward to comfort level and tilt head down.
- Keeping mouth open, without holding breath, place the cap snugly against nasal passage.
- Squeeze bottle gently until the solution starts draining from the opposite nasal passage.
- Some may drain from mouth.
- For a proper rinse, keep squeezing the bottle gently until at least 1/4 to 1/2 (60 mL to 120 mL or 2 to 4 fl oz) of the bottle is used.
- Do not swallow the solution.
- Blow nose very gently, without pinching nose completely to avoid pressure on eardrums.
- If tolerable, sniff in gently any residual solution remaining in the nasal passage once or twice, because this may clean out the posterior nasopharyngeal area, which is the area at the back of nasal passage.
- At times, some solution will reach the back of throat, so please spit it out.
- To help drain any residual solution, blow your nose gently while tilting head forward and to the opposite side of the nasal passage just rinsed.
Step 5: Now repeat steps 3 and 4 for your other nasal passage.Step 6:
- Clean the bottle and cap (see directions below).
- Air dry the sinus rinse bottle, cap, and tube on a clean paper towel or use neilmed nasadock or nasadock plus (sold separately) to store the bottle, cap and tube.
- Not recommended for first time users.
- Neilmeds isotonic sinus rinse is appropriate for first time users.
- Do not use tap or faucet water for dissolving the mixture unless it has been previously boiled and cooled down.
- Always use distilled, micro-filtered (through 0.2 micron), commercially bottled or previously boiled and cooled down water at lukewarm or body temperature, properly mixed with neilmeds sinus rinse packets.
- Do not rinse if nasal passages are completely blocked or if an ear infection or blocked ears have.
- Contact physician prior to using if recently had ear or sinus surgery, or if experience any ear pressure or nasal burning while using.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Read and retain the enclosed brochure and packaging for instructions and warnings.
- Store or keep in a cool, dry place.
Shipping Weight : 1.20 lb