Fleet laxative saline Enema, Twin Pack
- Constipation generally occurs if have three or fewer bowel movements each week, and stools are hard, dry, and difficult to pass.
- In this situation, fleet enema can provide help and relief.
- Fleet enema is a saline laxative.
- Saline laxatives work by drawing water into the colon which helps produce a bowel movement.
- This provides a soft stool mass and increased bowel action.
- A bowel movement should be stimulated in 1 to 5 minutes, without pain or spasm.
- Fleet enema is also ideal for bowel cleansing before undergoing a rectal examination.
- Plus, it is latex-free.
- Fleet enema comes in a ready-to-use, disposable squeeze bottle with a soft, pre-lubricated comfortip.
- Complete enema in a disposable squeeze bottle with soft, pre-lubricated comfortip.
- Protective shield: Prevent contamination.
- Pre-lubricated: Comfortip for ease of insertion.
- One-way safety: Valve controls flow and prevents reflux.
California’s Proposition 65 Warning: May This item contains chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. Reference by California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) at: www.oehha.ca.gov/prop65/prop65_list/Newlist.html.
Monobasic Sodium Phosphate 19 g; Dibasic Sodium Phosphate 7 g; Sodium Content 4. 4g.
- Adults and children 12 years and over: 1 bottle.
- Children 2 to 11 years: Use fleet enema for children.
- Children under 2 years: Do not use.
- Left side position: Lie on left side with knee bent and arms resting comfortably.
- Knee-chest position: Kneel, then lower head and chest forward until left side of face is resting on surface with left arm folded comfortably.
- Remove orange protection shield from enema comfortip before insertg.
- With steady pressure, gently insert enema tip into rectum with a slight side-to-side movement, with tip pointing toward navel. Insertion may be easier if person receiving enema bears down, as if having a bowel movement.
- Fleet adult enema helps relax the muscles around the anus.
- Do not force the enema tip into rectum as this can cause injury.
- Squeeze bottle until nearly all liquid is gone.
- Fleet adult enema is not necessary to empty the bottle completely as it contains more liquid than needed.
- Remove comfortip from rectum and maintain position until urge to evacuate is strong (usually 2 to 5 minutes).
- Using more than one enema in 24 hours can be harmful.
- Ask a doctor before using this product if you: Are on a sodium restricted diet, have a kidney disease, or are pregnant or nursing a baby.
- Ask a doctor before using any laxative if have nausea, vomiting or abdominal pain.
- Have a sudden change in bowel habits lasting more than 2 weeks, or have already used a laxative for more than 1 week.
- Stop using this product and consult a doctor if: Have rectal bleeding or have no bowel movement after the enema is given.
- These symptoms may indicate a serious condition.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- In case of overdose or accidental ingestion, get medical help right away.
- Do not use in patients with congenital megacolon, bowel obstruction, imperforate anus or congestive heart failure.
- Use with caution in patients with impaired renal function, pre-existing electrolyte disturbances or a colostomy, or in patients on diuretics or other medications that may affect electrolyte levels.
- Hypocalcemia, hyperphosphatemia, hypernatremia, or acidosis may occur.
Shipping Weight : 0.80 lb