Fleet pedia-lax enema for children for ages 2 to 11 years
For relief of occasional constipation or bowel cleansing before rectal examinations.Features:
- No 1 doctor recommended
- For ages 2-11 years
- Enema saline laxative
- Soft flexible comfortip
- Works in minutes
- Latex free
- Allergic reactions to materials containing latex is a growing and serious medical problem
- Complete enema in a disposable squeeze bottle with soft, pre-lubricated comfortip
- Protective shield prevents contamination
- Pre-lubricated comfortip for ease of insertion
- One-way safety valve controls flow and prevents reflux
- Easy squeeze bottle
California’s Proposition 65 Warning: May This item contains chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. Reference by California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) at: www.oehha.ca.gov/prop65/prop65_list/Newlist.html.
Per enema: Monobasic Sodium Phosphate (9.5g), Dibasic Sodium Phosphate (3.5g).
Benzalkonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Purified Water.
- Single daily dosage.
- Do not use more unless directed by a doctor. See warnings.
- Children 5 to 11 years of age: One bottle or as directed by a doctor.
- Children 2- 5 years of age: One-half bottle.
- One-half bottle preparation: Unscrew cap and remove 2 tablespoons of liquid with a measuring spoon.
- Replace cap and follow directions on back of carton.
- Children under 2 years: Do not use.
- Positions for using this enema:
- Left side position: Place child on left side with knees bent, and arms resting comfortably.
- Knee-chest position: Have child kneel, then lower head and chest forward until left side of face is resting on surface with left arm folded comfortably.How to use this enema: Remove orange protective shield from enema comfort tip before inserting.
- With steady pressure, gently insert enema tip into rectum with a slight side-to-side movement, with tip pointing toward navel.
- Insertion may be easier if child receiving enema bears down, as if having a bowel movement.
- This helps relax the muscles around the anus.
- Do not force the enema tip into rectum as this can cause injury.
- Squeeze bottle until nearly all liquid is gone.
- It is not necessary to empty the bottle completely, as it contains more liquid than needed.
- Remove Comfortip from rectum and keep child in position until urge to evacuate is strong (usually 2 to 5 minutes).
- Each 59-mL delivered dose contains: sodium 2.2g.
- This product generally produces a bowel movement in 1-5 minu.
- For rectal use only.
- Using more than one enema in 24 hours can be harmful.
- Ask a doctor before using this product if the child is:
- Is on a sodium restricted diet.
- Has a kidney disease.
- Ask a doctor before using any laxative if the child has:
- Nausea, vomiting, or abdominal pain.
- A sudden change in bowel habits lasting more than 2 weeks.
- Already used a laxative for more than 1 week.
- Stop using this product and consult a doctor if the child has:
- Rectal bleeding.
- No bowel movement after the enema is given. These symptoms may indicate a serious condition.
- Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a poison control center right away.
Shipping Weight : 0.30 lb
Overall Customer Rating of 1 Reviews: