MANUFACTURER: GLAXO SMITHKLINE CONSUMER.
INDICATIONS:Nicorette nicotine polacrilex gum stop smoking aid, 2 mg refill original
For those who smoke less than 25 cigarettes a day. It is a natural alkaloid which occurs in the leaves of the tobacco plant. Nicotine has ganglion stimulating properties and therefore produces a wide range of pharmacological actions in the body. It is an effective nicotine replacement therapy in a convenient oral dosage form. Nicorette can be used by smokers two ways to control cravings: on a regular schedule to prevent cravings or during unexpected cravings. It is a therapeutic agent intended to help smokers break the psychological habit of smoking by reducing the nicotine withdrawal symptoms normally experienced when stopping smoking. As the absorption of nicotine from Nicorette Nicotine Chewing Gum differs from that of a cigarette, the same satisfaction as that obtained from a cigarette will not be achieved. Therefore, once the psychological part of the smoking dependence has been overcome, Nicorette Chewing Gum is usually not difficult to give up.
To Increase Your Success in Quitting:
- You must be motivated to quit.
- Use Enough - Chew at least 9 pieces of Nicorette per day during the first six weeks.
- Use Long Enough - Use Nicorette for the full 12 weeks.
- Use with a support program as directed in the enclosed Users Guide.
Nicotine Polacrilex (equal to 2mg nicotine) (Stop smoking aid)
Flavors, Glycerin, Gum Base, Sodium Carbonate, Sorbitol, D&C Yellow 10
- If you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use
- Before using this product, read the enclosed Users Guide for complete directions and other important information.
- Stop smoking completely when you begin using the gum.
- If you smoke more than 25 cigarettes a day: use 4mg nicotine gum.
- If you smoke less than 25 cigarettes a day: Use according to the following 12 week schedule:
- Week 1 to 6 - 1 piece every 1 to 2 hours.
- Weeks 7 to 9 - 1 piece every 2 to 4 hours.
- Weeks 10 to 12 - 1 piece every 4 to 8 hour.
- Nicotine gum is a medicine and must be used a certain way to get the best results.
- Chew the gum slowly until it tingles. Then park it between your cheek and gum. When the tingle is gone, begin chewing again, until the tingle returns.
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, only use this medicine on the advice of your health care provider. Smoking can seriously harm your child. Try to stop without using any nicotine replacement medicine. This medicine is believed to be safer than smoking. However, the risks to your child from this medicine are not fully known.
- Do not use if you continue to smoke, chew tobacco, use snuff, or use a nicotine patch or other nicotine containing products.
- Ask a doctor before use if you have a sodium-restricted diet, heart disease, recent heart attack, or irregular heartbeat. Nicotine can increase your heart rate. High blood pressure not controlled with medication. Nicotine can increase blood pressure or stomach ulcer or diabetes.
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are using a non-nicotine stop smoking drug, taking prescription medicine for depression or asthma. Your prescription dose may need to be adjusted.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if mouth, teeth or jaw problems occur, irregular heartbeat or palpitations occur, or you get symptoms of nicotine overdose such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, diarrhea, weakness and rapid heartbeat.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets. Pieces of nicotine gum may have enough nicotine to make children and pets sick. Wrap used pieces of gum in paper and throw away in the trash. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Please read all label information carefully on delivery and prior to use.
Shipping Weight : 1.00 lb