MANUFACTURER: GLAXO SMITHKLINE CONSUMER.
INDICATIONS:Nicorette nicotine polacrilex chewing gum 2 mg, stop smoking aid, Fruit Chill
Reduces withdrawal symptoms, including nicotine craving, associated with quitting smoking.
- You must be motivated to quit.
- Use Enough - Chew at least 9 pieces of Nicorette per day during the first six weeks.
- Use Long Enough - Use Nicorette for the full 12 weeks.
- Use with a support program as directed in the enclosed Users Guide.
Nicotine Polacrilex (equal to 2mg nicotine) (Stop smoking aid).
Acarcia, Acesulfame Potassium, Carnauba Wax, Edible Ink, Flavor, Gum Base, Hypromellose, Magnesium Oxide, Menthol, Peppermint Oil, Polysorbate 80, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Carbonate, Sucralose, Titanium Dioxide, Xylitol.
DIRECTIONS:If you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use :
If you smoke more than 25 cigarettes a day
- Before using this product, read the enclosed Users Guide for complete directions and other important information.
- stop smoking completely when you begin using the gum.
:use 4mg nicotine gum.If you smoke less than 25 cigarettes a day
:use according to the following 12 week schedule:
- Week 1 to 6 - 1 piece every 1 to 2 hours.
- Weeks 7 to 9 - 1 piece every 2 to 4 hours.
- Weeks 10 to 12 - 1 piece every 4 to 8 hour.
Other information :
- Nicotine gum is a medicine and must be used a certain way to get the best results.
- Chew the gum slowly until it tingles.Then park it between your cheek and gum. When the tingle is gone, begin chewing again, until the tingle returns.
- Repeat this process until most of the tingle is gone (about 30 minutes).
- Do not eat or drink for 15 minutes before chewing the nicotine gum, or while chewing a piece.
- To improve your chances of quitting, use least 9 pieces per day for the first 6 weeks.
- If you experience strong or frequent cravings, you may use a second piece within the hour. However, do not continuously use one piece after another since this may cause you hiccups, heartburn, nausea or other side effects.
- Do not use more than 24 pieces a day.
- It is important to complete treatment. Stop using the nicotine gum at the end of 12 weeks. If you still feel the need to use nicotine gum, talk to your doctor.
- each piece contains:calcium 94mg, sodium 11mg.
- store at 20-25 Degrees Celsius (68-77? Degrees Fahrenheit).
- protect from light.
WARNINGS:If you are pregnant or breast-feeding
:Only use this medicine on the advice of your health care provider. Smoking can seriously harm your child. Try to stop without using any nicotine replacement medicine. This medicine is believed to be safer than smoking. However, the risks to your child from this medicine are not fully known.Do not use this
Ask a doctor before use :
- If you continue to smoke, chew tobacco, use snuff, or use a nicotine patch or other nicotine containing products.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use :if you are using a non-nicotine stop smoking drug, taking prescription medicine for depression or asthma.Your prescription dose may need to be adjusted.Stop use and ask a doctor :
- If you have a sodium-restricted diet, heart disease, recent heart attack, or irregular heartbeat.
- Nicotine can increase your heart rate. high blood pressure not controlled with medication.
- Nicotine can increase blood pressure or stomach ulcer or diabetes.
If mouth, teeth or jaw problems occur irregular heartbeat or palpitations occur, or you get symptoms of nicotine overdose such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, diarrhea, weakness and rapid heartbeat.Keep out of reach of children and pets:
Pieces of nicotine gum may have enough nicotine to make children and pets sick. Wrap used pieces of gum in paper and throw away in the trash. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
California’s Proposition 65 Warning: This item contains chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. Reference by California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) at: www.oehha.ca.gov/prop65/prop65_list/Newlist.html.