MANUFACTURER: GLAXO SMITHKLINE CONSUMER
INDICATIONS: NICORETTE CINNAMON SURGE COATED GUM FOR BOLD FLAVOUR - 2MG
Reduces withdrawal symptoms, including nicotine craving, associated with quitting smoking.To increase your success in quitting:
- You must be motivated to quit.
Use long enough
- chew at least 9 pieces per day during the first six weeks.
Each piece contains
- cuse for the full 12 weeks.
- Use with a support program.
- calcium 94mg, sodium 13mg.
- Store at 20 - 25 Degress Celsius (68-77 Degrees Fahrenheit).
- Protect from light.
Nicotine Polacrilex (Equal to 2 Mg Nicotine).
Acacia, Acesulfame Potassium, Carnauba Wax, D&c Yellow 10 Ai. Lake, Edible Ink, Flavor, Gum Base, Hypromellose, Magnesium Oxide, Menthol, Peppermint Oil, Polysorbate 80, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Carbonate, Sucralose, Titanium Dioxide, Xylitol.
DIRECTIONS:If you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use
According to the following 12 week schedule
- Before using this product, read the enclosed User's Guide for complete directions and other important information.
- Stop smoking completely when you begin, using the gum.
- If you smoke less than 25 cigarettes a day; use 2 mg nicotine gum.
- If you smoke 25 or more cigarettes a day
- Weeks 1 to 6 - 1 piece every 1 to 2 hours;
- Weeks 7 to 9 - 1 piece every 2 to 4 hours;
- Weeks 10 to 12 - 1 piece every 4 to 8 hours.
- Nicotine gum is a medicine and must be used a certain way to get the best results. Chew the gum slowly until it tingles.
- Then park it between your gum and cheek. When the tingle is gone, begin chewing again, until the tingle returns.
- Repeat this process until most of the tingle is gone (about 30 minutes).
- Do not eat or drink for 15 minutes before chewing the nicotine gum, or while chewing a piece.
- To improve your chances of quitting, use at least 9 pieces per day for the first 6 weeks.
- If you experience strong or frequent cravings, you may use a second piece within the hour. However, do not continuously use one piece after another since this may cause you hiccups, heartburn, nausea or other side effects.
- Do not use more than 24 pieces a day. It is important to complete treatment.
- Stop using the nicotine gum at the end of 12 weeks.
- If you still feel the need to use nicotine gum, talk to your doctor.
- Use with a support program as directed in the enclosed User's Guide.
- To remove the gum, tear off single unit.
- Peel off backing, starting at corner with loose edge.
- Push gum through foil.
WARNINGS:If you are pregnant or breast-feeding
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use
- Only use this medicine on the advice of your health care provider.
- Smoking can seriously harm your child.
- Try to stop smoking without using any nicotine replacement medicine.
- This medicine is believed to be safer than smoking. However, the risks to your child from this medicine are not fully known.
Stop use and ask a doctor
- if you are using a non-nicotine stop smoking drug.
- Taking prescription medicine for depression or asthma. Your prescription dose may need to be adjusted.
Not for sale to those under 18 years of age
- Mouth, teeth or jaw problems occur.
- Irregular heartbeat or palpitations occur.
- You get symptoms of nicotine overdose such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, diarrhea, weakness and rapid heartbeat.
Do not use
- Proof of age required
- Not for sale in vending machines or from any source where proof of age cannot be verified
- This product is protected in sealed blisters.
- Do not use if individual blister or printed backings are broken, open, or torn.
:If you continue to smoke, chew tobacco, use snuff, or use a nicotine patch or other nicotine containing products.Ask a doctor before use if you have
- A sodium-restricted diet.
- Heart disease, recent heart attack, or irregular heartbeat. Nicotine can increase your heart rate.
- High blood pressure not controlled with medication. Nicotine can increase blood pressure.
- Stomach ulcer or diabetes.
Keep out of reach of children and pets. Pieces of nicotine gum may have enough nicotine to make children and pets sick. Wrap used pieces of gum in paper and throw away in the trash. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.