MANUFACTURER: GLAXO SMITHKLINE CONSUMER
INDICATIONS: Nicorette nicotine gum , cinnamon surge for intence flavour
Reduces withdrawal symptoms, including nicotine craving, associated with quitting smokingYou must be motivated to quit.
- Use enough - chew at least 9 pieces or Nicorette per day during the first six weeks.
- use long enough - Use Nicorette for the full 12 weeks.
- Use with a support program as directed in the enclosed user's Guide.
Nicotine Polacrilex (2mg) (stop smoking aid).
Inactive Ingredients: Acesulfame Potassium, Carnauba Wax, Edible Ink, Flavor, Gum Base, Hypromellose, Magnesium Oxide, Menthol, Peppermint Oil, Polysorbate 80, Sodium Carbonate, Starch, Sucralose, Titanium Dioxide, Xylitol.
DIRECTIONS:If you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use.
If you smoke 25 or more cigarettes a day; use according to the following 12 week schedule
- Before using this product, read the enclosed user's guide for complete directions and other important information.
- Stop smoking completely when you begin using the gum.
- If you smoke less than 25 or more cigarettes a day; use 2 mg nicotine gum.
- Weeks 1 to 6: 1 Piece every 1 to 2 hours.
- Weeks 7 to 9: 1 Piece every 2 to 4 hours.
- Weeks 10 to 12: 1 Piece every 4 to 8 hours.
- Nicotine gum is a medicine and must be used a certain way to get the best results.
- Chew the gum slowly until it tingles. Then park it between your cheek and gum. When the tingle is gone, begin chewing again, until the tingle returns.
- Repeat this process until most of the tingle is gone - about 30 minutes.
- Do not eat or drink for 15 minutes before chewing the nicotine gum, or while chewing a piece.
- To improve your chances of quitting, use at least 9 pieces per day for the first 6 weeks.
- If you experience strong or frequent cravings, you may use a second piece within the hour.
- However, do not continuously use one piece after another since this may cause you hiccups, heartburn, nausea or other side effects.
- Do not use more than 24 pieces a day.
- It is important to complete treatment.
- Stop using the nicotine gum at the end of 12 weeks.
- If you still feel the need to use nicotine gum, talk to your doctor.
:Each piece contains: calcium 94mg, sodium 11mgStore at 20-25?C (68-77?F).Store at 20-25 degrees C / 68-77 degrees F.Protect from light.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, only use this medicine on the advice of your health care provider.
- Smoking can seriously harm your child.
- Try to stop smoking without using any nicotine replacement medicine.
- This medicine is believed to be safer than smoking.
- However, the risks to your child from this medicine are not fully known.
- Do not use if you continue to smoke, chew tobacco, use snuff, or use a nicotine patch or other nicotine containing products.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use
- Mouth, teeth or jaw problems occur.
- Irregular heartbeat or palpitations occur.
- You get symptoms of nicotine overdose such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, diarrhea, weakness and rapid heartbeat.
Ask a doctor before use
- If you are using a non-nicotine stop smoking drug.
- Taking prescription medicine for depression or asthma. Your prescription dose may need to be adjusted.
- If you have a sodium-restricted diet.
- Heart disease, recent heart attack, or irregular heartbeat. Nicotine can increase your heart rate.
- High blood pressure not controlled with medication. Nicotine can increase blood pressure.
- stomach ulcer or diabetes.
Keep out of reach of children and pets. Pieces of nicotine gum may have enough nicotine to make children and pets sick. Wrap used pieces of gum in paper and throw away in the trash. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.