MANUFACTURER: GLAXO SMITHKLINE CONSUMER.
INDICATIONS: NicoDerm CQ stop smoking aid, clear thin flex patch, step 2 with 14 mg
It is a small, nicotine-containing patch. When you put on a NicoDerm CQ patch, nicotine passes through the skin and into your body. NicoDerm CQ is very thin and uses special material to control how fast nicotine passes through the skin. Unlike the sudden jolts of nicotine delivered by cigarettes, the amount of nicotine you receive remains relatively smooth throughout the 24 or 16 hours period you wear the NicoDerm CQ patch. This helps to reduce the cravings you may have for nicotine.
Free Personalized Stop Smoking Plan. Committed Quitters Program enrollment form, user's guide, audio tape and child resistant disposal try.
To increase your success in quitting:
- You must be motivated to quite.
- Complete the full treatment program, applying a new patch every day.
- Use with a support program as described in the enclosed Users Guide.
If you smoke:
- more than 10 cigarettes per day: start with Step 1.
- 10 or less cigarettes per day: start with Step 2.
Nicotine (7 mg)
Ethylene/Vinyl Acetate Copolymer, Polyisobutylene, High Density Polyethylene Between Clear Polyster Backings
- Read carton and enclosed Users Guide before using this product. Keep the carton and Users Guide.
- Stop smoking completely when you begin using the patch:
- if you smoke more than 10 cigarettes per day, use according to the following 10 week schedule.
- if you smoke 10 or less cigarettes per day, do not use Step 1 (21mg). Start with Step 2 (14mg) for 6 weeks, then Step 3 (7mg) for 2 weeks and then stop.
- steps 2 and 3 allow you to gradually reduce your level of nicotine. Completing the full program will increase your chances of quitting successfully.
- Apply one new patch every 24 hours on skin that is dry, clean and hairless. Remove backing from patch and immediately press onto skin.
- Hold for 10 seconds. Wash hands after applying or removing patch. Throw away the patch in the enclosed disposal tray.
- See enclosed users guide for safety and handling. You may wear the patch for 16 to 24 hours.
- If you crave cigarettes when you wake up, wear the patch for 24 hours. if you have vivid dreams or other sleep disturbances, you may remove the patch at bedtime and apply a new one in the morning.
- Do not use: If you continue to smoke, chew tobacco, use a nicotine gum or other nicotine containing products.
- Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- heart disease, recent heart attack or irregular heartbeat. Nicotine can increase our heart rate.
- high blood pressure not controlled with medication. Nicotine can increase your blood pressure.
- an allergy to adhesive tape or have skin problems because you are more likely to get rashes.
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- using a non-nicotine stop smoking drug.
- taking a prescription medicine for depression or asthma. Your prescription dose may need to be adjusted.
- When using this product:
- do not smoke even when not wearing the patch. The nicotine is your skin will still be entering your blood stream for several hours after you take off the patch.
- If you have vivid dreams or other sleep disturbances remove this patch at bedtime.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- skin redness caused by the patch does not go away after four days, or if your skin swells, or you get a rash.
- irregular heartbeat or palpitations occur.
- you get symptoms of nicotine overdose such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, weakness and rapid heartbeat.
- If pregnant or breast-feeding ask a health professional before use. Nicotine can increase your babys heart rate. First try to stop smoking without the nicotine patch.
- Keep out of reach of children or pets.
- Used patches have enough nicotine to poison children and pets.
- If swallowed, get medical help or contract a Poison control Center right away.
- Dispose of the used patches by folding sticky ends together and inserting in disposal try in the box.
Please read all label information carefully on delivery and prior to use.
Shipping Weight : 1.00 lb