+MD Diabetic Ankle Reserved Seam Socks Unisex, Black
Diabetic socks are specifically designed for people with diabetes and diabetic foot. Almost all physicians recommend some special footwear for diabetic patients with prior ulcers or with foot deformities. Some physicians add neuropathy as an indication for special footwear.
+MD Diabetic Socks are scientifically designed and knitted with a non-constricting fit, stretching up to 20% further than other diabetic brands. Due to our proprietary knitting capabilities, +MD socks allow forfree circulation without slouching or falling down. Designed to keep feet dry and comfortable the moisture-wicking properties and anti-microbial treatment help reduse oders and discomfort.
How to Choose Diabetic Socks?
- Unisex Shoe Size: Women 6-10 / Men 5-10
- Moisture Wicking
- Non-Binding Fit
- Special Seams and Cushion Soles
Special Seams & Cushion Soles
- Moisture absorbent: The yarns in the socks should be moisture absorbent. A Diabetic foot is highly susceptible to bacterial infection. Moisture absorbent socks keep the feet dry, inhibiting bacterial growth and reducing the risk of infection.
- Smooth: Diabetic patients are free to wear socks of whatever fabric that they find comfortable. However, diabetic patients with limb ischemia and vascular lesions lose their sensory peripheral neuropathy and so their foot skin is vulnerable to damage. Since most diabetic patients have varying degrees of damage to their feet, any small wound would allow bacteria to infect the skin, causing further damage. Wearing socks that are smooth with reversed toe seams will reduce the chances of abrasion.
- Antibacterial: For patients with more advanced diabetic feet, antibacterial socks protect them from further infection. Chitin yarns (crab Yarns) are anti-bacteria and anti-mildew. Diabetic socks come in various colors. If one has open wounds or sores, white socks are usually recommended. Lighter-colored socks may alert wearers with compromised sensation to a draining wound.
- Relaxed and stretchable: High quality diabetic socks are made with non-binding tops and stretchable fabrics. They are designed to be less constrictive and improve blood flow. For diabetic patients with poor blood circulation, tight socks will cause stress to the feet, and even skin ulceration. Socks should fit well, without constricting cuffs, lumps, or uncomfortable seams. Therefore, loose fitted socks are preferable to tube socks. Relaxed and stretchable diabetic socks are comfortable, reduce pressure, lessen the risk of skin damage, and protect diabetic feet.
+MD Diabetic Socks feature special Comfort-Smooth yarn, Cushion Soles and Seamless Toe construction. This low-friction design reduces the chance of blisters and abrasions which can cause more serious foot problems.
Care instructions: Machine wash in warm water with similar colors. Tumble dry on low, use only non-chlorine bleach when needed. Do not iron.
Shipping Weight : 0.40 lb