Metamucil MultiHealth Fiber Capsules
An easy way to increase your daily fiber intake. One serving of Metamucil provides 2.4 grams of this soluble fiber.
- For Fiber Supplement use, see Supplement Information.
- For Laxative use, see Drug Facts.
- Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include 7 grams of soluble fiber per day from psyllium husk, as in Metamucil, may reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol.
Please Read Item Label and Packaging for Recent Product Information.
- Consult your doctor if you are considering use of this product as part of a cholesterol-lowering program.
- Fiber Supplement Directions: Adults 12 years and older: Take product with 8 oz of liquid (swallow 1 capsule at a time) up to 3 times daily.
- 2 to 6 capsules for increasing daily fiber intake.
- 6 capsules for cholesterol lowering use.
- Laxative Directions: Take this product with at least 8 ounces (a full glass) of liquid.
- Taking without enough liquid may cause choking.
- Do not take if you have difficulty swallowing.
- See choking warning.
- Adults 12 years and older 5 capsules with 8 oz. of liquid (swallow 1 capsule at a time) at the first sign of irregularity.
- Can be taken up to 3 times daily.
- Generally produces effect in 12-72 hours.
- 6 to11 yrs: Consider use of Metamucil powder or wafer products.
- Under 6 yrs. Consult a doctor regarding use of Metamucil powder or wafer products.
- Laxatives, including bulk fibers, may affect how well other medicines work.
- If you are taking a medicine by mouth, take this product at least 2 hours before or 2 hours after the prescribed medicine.
- As your body adjusts to increased fiber intake, you may experience changes in bowel habits or minor bloating.
- Store at room temperature tightly closed to protect from humidity.
- See bottom for expiration date.
- Read entire label including drug facts and allergy warning.
- Choking: Taking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block your throat or esophagus and may cause choking.
- Do not take this product if you have difficulty in swallowing.
- If you experience chest pain, vomiting or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention.
- Allergy Alert: This product may cause allergic reaction in people sensitive to inhaled or ingested psyllium.
- Ask a doctor before use if you have: a sudden change in bowel habits persisting for 2 weeks, abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if: constipation lasts more than 7 days. rectal bleeding occurs.
- These may be signs of a serious condition.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Do not use if printed inner seal is broken or missing.
- Capsules in the container are sealed by banding.
Please read all label information carefully on delivery and prior to use.
Shipping Weight : 0.60 lb