Metamucil MultiHealth Fiber Capsules
An easy way to increase your daily fiber intake. One serving of Metamucil provides 2.4 grams of this soluble fiber.
- For Fiber Supplement use, see Supplement Information.
- For Laxative use, see Drug Facts.
- Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include 7 grams of soluble fiber per day from psyllium husk, as in Metamucil, may reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol.
- Consult your doctor if you are considering use of this product as part of a cholesterol-lowering program.
- Fiber Supplement Directions: Adults 12 years and older: Take product with 8 oz of liquid (swallow 1 capsule at a time) up to 3 times daily.
- 2 to 6 capsules for increasing daily fiber intake.
- 6 capsules for cholesterol lowering use.
- Laxative Directions: Take this product with at least 8 ounces (a full glass) of liquid.
- Taking without enough liquid may cause choking.
- Do not take if you have difficulty swallowing.
- See choking warning.
- Adults 12 years and older 5 capsules with 8 oz. of liquid (swallow 1 capsule at a time) at the first sign of irregularity.
- Can be taken up to 3 times daily.
- Generally produces effect in 12-72 hours.
- 6 to11 yrs: Consider use of Metamucil powder or wafer products.
- Under 6 yrs. Consult a doctor regarding use of Metamucil powder or wafer products.
- Laxatives, including bulk fibers, may affect how well other medicines work.
- If you are taking a prescription medicine by mouth, take this product at least 2 hours before or 2 hours after the prescribed medicine.
- As your body adjusts to increased fiber intake, you may experience changes in bowel habits or minor bloating.
- Store at room temperature tightly closed to protect from humidity.
- See bottom for expiration date.
- Read entire label including drug facts and allergy warning.
- Choking: Taking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block your throat or esophagus and may cause choking.
- Do not take this product if you have difficulty in swallowing.
- If you experience chest pain, vomiting or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention.
- Allergy Alert: This product may cause allergic reaction in people sensitive to inhaled or ingested psyllium.
- Ask a doctor before use if you have: a sudden change in bowel habits persisting for 2 weeks, abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if: constipation lasts more than 7 days. rectal bleeding occurs.
- These may be signs of a serious condition.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Do not use if printed inner seal is broken or missing.
- Capsules in the container are sealed by banding.
Please read all label information carefully on delivery and prior to use.
Shipping Weight : 0.80 lb