Alvita Organic Lemongrass Tea Bags
- Caffeine free
- English pillow style tea bags that are oxygen bleached, not chlorine treated
- No strings, no staples
- How it works:
- Lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus) is a perennial grass native to india and tropical asia.
- While lemongrass has long been used in folk traditions for its beneficial properties, it is best known for its culinary qualities.
- Its sweet lemony aroma and zesty flavor with a hint of ginger have made this herb a staple in asian cuisine as a seasoning in soups and curries, as well as poultry, beef and seafood dishes.
- It is no surprise that lemongrasss mild yet vibrant citrusy fragrance and taste have also made the herb a favorite among tea aficionados as both a hot and iced tea, enjoyed alone or as an accompaniment to a spicy meal.
California’s Proposition 65 Warning: This item contains chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. Reference by California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) at: www.oehha.ca.gov/prop65/prop65_list/Newlist.html.
Organic lemongrass leaves.
- The best way to make a good tasting cup of tea is by the infusion method.
- Place one tea bag in a cup and add no more than 6 oz. of boiling water.
- Let steep for 3 minutes and remove the bag.
- Press the bag before removing to enhance flavor.
- Add honey to sweeten.
Shipping Weight : 0.80 lb