Home > Sexual Health Store > Family Planning > Female Contraceptives >
Today Vaginal Contraceptive Sponge - 3 ea
Helps to effectiveness of birth control and HIV/AIDS.
You Save: $6.44 (35.8%)
Availability: In Stock
Usually Ships in 1-2 Business Days
- UPC: 016169404030
- Quickly kills sperm
- Easy to use
- Safe and effective protection
Today Vaginal Contraceptive Sponges
Today sponge provides 3-way protection:
- Intended for prevention of pregnancy.
- 3 vaginal contraceptive sponges, containing nonoxynol 9.
- Safe, effective, hormone free, 24-hour protection, easy to use, allows spontaneity, disposable, not messy, soft.
- Today sponge is a soft polyurethane foam sponge containing nonoxynol 9, a spermicide used by millions of women for more than 20 years in other forms of intravaginal drug products.
- Today sponge has a unique 3-way action which provides safe and effective protection without hormones.
- 24-hour protection, convenient, non messy, safe, effective, disposable, easy to use, allows spontaneity.
- Today sponge blocks the sperms path
- Today sponge absorbs sperm
- Today sponge continuously releases an effective spermicide which quickly kills sperm on contact
Nonoxynol 9 (1000mg) (Vaginal Contraceptive).
Benzoic Acid, Citric Acid, Sodium Dihydrogen Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Sorbic Acid (A Preservative), Water (in a polyurethane foam sponge).
- Before using, read enclosed consumer information leaflet for complete directions and information.
- Wet the sponge thoroughly with clean water, squeeze gently until sponge is very sudsy.
- With the dimple side inside, fold sponge.
- With strong loop on bottom end, insert the sponge deep into the vagina (see diagram in enclosed leaflet.).
- Protection begins right away and lasts for 24 hours even with repeated acts of intercourse.
- Wait 6 hours after last intercourse before removing sponge.
- Do not leave sponge in vagina for longer than 30 hours.
- If have trouble removing or remove only part of the sponge from vagina, contact the mayer labs product support Line (1-877-494-2525) or a health professional right away.
- Do not use if sealed pouch is open of if blue border around the sealed pouch is torn or broken.
- In clinical studies about 1 out of 10 women (9-11%) got pregnant during the first year of use when using this product correctly all the time.
- The possibility of getting pregnant increase to about 1 out of 7 women (13-16%) when this product was not used correctly.
- Correct use of a latex condom by partner with every sexual act will help reduce the risk of transmission of the AIDS virus (HIV) and many STDs.
- Studies have raised safety concerns that products containing the spermicide nonoxynol 9 can irritate the vagina and rectum.
- Sometime this irritation has no symptoms.
- This irritation may increas the risk of getting HIV/AIDS from an infected partner.
- Can use nonoxynol 9 for birth control with or with out a condom if have sex with only one partner who is not infected with HIV/AIDS and who has no other sexual prtners with HIV risk factors.
- When used correctly every time have sex, latex condoms greatly reduce , but do not eliminate, the risk of catching or spreading HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.
- Use a latex condom without nonoxynol 9 if or sex partner has HIV/AIDS, multiple sex partners, or other HIV risk factors.
- Ask a health professional if have question about your best birth control and STD prevention methods.
- Store at 20-25° C (68-77° F).
- For vaginal use only. Not for rectal (anal) use.
- Toxic shock syndrome: Some cases of toxic shock syndrome (TSS) have been reported in women using barrier contraceptives, including the sponge.
- TSS is a rare, but serious disease that may cause death.
- Warning signs of TSS include fever, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, muscle pain, dizziness, faintness, or a sunburn-like rash on face or body.
- If have any of these signs, remove the sponge and get medical help right away.
- Allergy Alert: This product contains sodium metabisulfite which may cause severe allergic reactions in some people.
- Do not use if are allergic to sulfites.
- Do not use if have ever had an allergic reaction to nonoxynol 9 or to this product.
- Sexually transmitted diseases alert: This product does not protect against the AIDS virus (HIV) or other STDs.
- Do not use:
- within the first six weeks after giving birth, if have had toxic shock syndrome or during menstrual period.
- Ask a doctor before use if have recently had a miscarriage or an abortion.
- Been told that should not become pregnant, a vaginal or uterine condition, such as vaginal septum or uterine prolapse, which may keep the product from working, or a new partner, multiple sex partners, or unprotected sex.
- Frequent use (more than once a day) of this product can increase vaginal irritation, which may increase the risk of getting the AIDS virus (HIV) or other STDs from infected partners.
- Ask a doctor or health professional for your best birth control method.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if partner get burning, itching, a rash or other irritation of the vagina or penis.
- Partner have difficult or painful urination, you get abdominal pain, fever, chills, or foul-smelling vaginal discharge or if become pregnant.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If swallowed, get medical help or contact a poison control center right away.
Shipping Weight : 0.30 lb