Alli Orlistat Weight Loss Aid Refill Pack 60 mg Capsules
Time is ticking on the miracle diets, the untested, the untrue. Now you can look at weight loss differently. alli is the only FDA approved, over-the-counter weight loss product. But its more than just a pill. Its an innovative weight loss program. The pill works by preventing your body from absorbing some of the fat you eat. And the program includes an individually tailored online action plan to help you lose weight safely and gradually.The Refill Pack includes:
What is Alli?
- Read Me First brochure
- Up to 40 day supply (120 capsules)
Alli is the reduced-strength version (60 milligrams vs. 120 milligrams) of orlistat (Xenical), a prescription drug to treat obesity. It's approved for over-the-counter sale to overweight adults 18 years and older. Alli is meant to be used in conjunction with a low-calorie, low-fat diet and regular exercise.What are the concerns with Alli?
In 2009, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) began a safety review of orlistat because of rare reports of serious liver injury in people using it. The FDA found no cause-and-effect relationship between orlistat and the risk of liver injury. However, Alli and Xenical labels now advise people to be alert to signs and symptoms that could indicate liver injury, such as itching, loss of appetite, yellow eyes or skin, light-colored stool, or brown urine.How does Alli work?
Alli promotes weight loss by decreasing absorption of fat by the intestines, which reduces the number of calories you absorb.
Lipase, an enzyme found in the digestive tract, helps break down dietary fat into smaller components, so it can be used or stored for energy. Alli works by disabling lipase, which prevents the enzyme from breaking down the fat while it's in your digestive tract. The undigested fat continues through the intestines and is eliminated through bowel movements.
Alli is taken with fat-containing meals, up to three times a day. Because of how Alli works, it's recommended that you eat no more than 15 grams of fat with each meal. Eating greater amounts of fat can cause unwanted effects, such as urgent bowel movements, diarrhea and gas with oily spotting.
Active Ingredients: Orlistat (60 mg, Weight loss aid).
Inactive Ingredients:FD and C Blue 1 (CI 42090), Edible Ink, Gelatin, Iron Oxide, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Povidone, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Starch Glycolate, Talc, Titanium Dioxid.
- Read the enclosed brochure for other important information
- Diet and exercise are the starting points for any weight loss program. Try these first before starting any exercise program.
- To see if orlistat capsules are right for you, find your height on the chart. You may consider starting a weight loss program with orlistat if you weight is the same or more than the weight shown for your height.
- For overweight adults 18 years and older:
- Take 1 capsule with each meal containing fat
- Do not take more than 3 capsules daily
- Use with a reduced-calorie, low-fat diet and exercise program until you reach your weight loss goal. Most weight loss occurs in the first 6 months.
- If you stop taking orlistat, continue with your diet and exercise program.
- If you start to regain weight after you stop taking orlistat, you may need to start taking orlistat again along with your diet and exercise program.
- take a multivitamin once a day, at bedtime, when using orlistat.
- Store at 20 - 25D egress C (68 - 77 Degress F)
- Protect drug from excessive light, humidity and temperatures over 30 Degress C (86 Degress F)
Organ transplant alert:
- Do not use if you have had an organ transplant. Orlistat interferes with the medicines used to prevent transplant rejection.
Do not use:
- Do not use if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in orlistat capsules.
Ask a doctor before use if you have ever had
- If you are taking cyclosporine
- If you have been diagnosed with problems absorbing food
- If you are not overweight
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- gallbladder problems
- kidney stones
When using this product
- taking warfarin (blood thinning medicine), or are taking medicine for diabetes or thyroid disease. Your medication dose may need to be adjusted.
- taking other weight loss prodcuts
- Take a multivitamin once a day, at bedtime. Orlistat can reduce the absorption of some vitamins.
- Follow a well-balanced, reduced-calorie, low-fat diet. Try starting this diet before taking orlistat.
Shipping Weight : 0.60 lb