(in Each 118 ml Delivered Dose): Sodium Phosphate (Monobasic 19 g and Dibasic 7 g).
Benzalkonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Purified Water..
Caution: Remove green protective shield before inserting: hold bottle upright, grasping bottle cap with fingers. Grasp protective shield with other hand and pull gently to remove.
Do not use more unless directed by a doctor. See warnings.
- Adults and children 12 years and over: one bottle once daily.
- Children 2 to under 12 years: 1/2 bottle once daily.
- Children under 2 years: do not use.
Positioning: Left-side position: lie on left side with knee bent and arms at rest.
Knee-chest position: kneel, then lower head and chest forward until left side of face is resting on surface. Position arms comfortably.
- with steady pressure, gently insert enema with tip pointing toward navel.
- squeeze bottle until recommended dose is expelled (it is not necessary to empty unit completely.
- Bottle contains more liquid than needed for effective use.
- A small amount of liquid will remain in bottle after squeezing).
- remove tip from rectum.
- discontinue use if resistance is encountered, forcing the enema can result in injury.
- maintain position until urge to evacuate is strong (usually 2 to 5 minutes).
Dosage warning: Using more than one enema in 24 hours can be harmful.
Ask a doctor before using this product if you: are on a sodium-restricted diet, have a kidney disease, or are pregnant or nursing a baby.
Ask a doctor before using any laxative if you have: abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting, a sudden change in bowel habit lasting more than 2 weeks or already used a laxative for more than 1 week.
Stop use and ask a doctor if you have: rectal bleeding or no bowel movement after the enema is given. These symptoms may indicate a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Professional Use Warnings
Do not use in patients with megacolon, gastrointestinal obstruction, imperforate anus, or congestive heart failure. Use with caution in patients with impaired renal function, pre-existing electrolyte disturbances, or a colostomy, or in patients on diuretics or other medications that may affect electrolyte levels. Hypocalcemia, hyperphosphatemia, hypernatremia, hypokalemia or acidosis may occur.