Home > All OTC Medicines > Antacids and Laxatives > Probiotics, Digestive Supplements >
Natures Herbs Cascara sagrada bark capsules - 100 ea
For gentle overnight relief of occasional constipation.
You Save: $4.64 (45.3%)
Availability: Out of Stock
Visit this page often to view the stock update.
- UPC: 030054002262
- For gentle overnight relief of occasional constipation.
Natures Herbs cascara sagrada
Regular bowel movements are important to maintaining proper digestive health. But many factors, including diet and stress, can disrupt the digestive system and make bowel movements irregular.
It�s been reported that Mexican and Spanish priests discovered Native Americans in California using the bark of the cascara sagrada tree as a laxative. Today, cascara sagrada is one of the most well-known and commonly used laxatives in the world. Nature�s Herbs Cascara Sagrada Bark is a mild herbal laxative for gentle overnight relief of occasional constipation.Health Benefits of Cascara Sagrada
- Cascara sagrada is helpful for cleansing the colon before bowel examinations and related diagnostic tests.
- It is also good for the mild constipation that can occur following anal or rectal surgery.
- Constipation: Cascara eases constipation. It is a mild laxative that can safely be used by the elderly. It is therefore effective in easing chronic constipation in elderly people.
- Cascara speeds the digestive process up: The active laxative constituents in cascara sagrada bark are anthraquinone derivatives. These compounds stimulate peristalsis. Peristalsis is the vigorous wavelike contractions of the large intestine that keeps food moving through the digestive system. Cascara also tones relaxed muscles of the digestive system.
- Treatment of haemorrhoids and anal fissures: Using cascara and other with measures such as plenty of dietary fibre, water, and exercise prevents the pressure and pain associated with haemorrhoids and anal fissures. Haemorrhoids are also less likely to develop when using it.
- Cascara improves the flow of stomach, liver and pancreas secretions. These in turn help to promote better digestion and elimination.
- Cascara also treats worms, insomnia and acts as a natural antibiotic in theintestines.
Gelatin, medium chain triglycerides, rosemary oil, mixed tocopherols, riboflavin.
Adults and children 12 years of age and over take 2 capsules at bedtime. Children 2 to 12 years of age take 1 capsule at bedtime. Children under 2 consult a doctor.
Do not use laxative products when abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting are present, or for a period longer than 1 week unless directed by a doctor. If you have noticed a sudden change in bowel habits lasting two weeks, consult a doctor before using a laxative. Rectal bleeding or failure to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative may indicate a serious condition. Discontinue use and consult a doctor. If you are pregnant or nursing, seek the advice of a health professional before using this product.
Shipping Weight : 0.20 lb