INDICATIONS:Olympian Labs lutein 20 mg capsules
This formula does not contain sources of Beta Carotene because it may interfere with the absorption of Lutein. Independent studies suggest that Lutein may promote eye health. Olympian Labs Lutein is a stabilized, natural carotenoid extracted from marigold flowers. Lutein contains a natural ratio of Zeaxanthin.Features and Benefits:
What Is Lutein?
- Protects receptors from bleaching by sunlight and oxidative damage.
- Free from Beta Carotene
- Acts as a filter to protect the light-sensitive photoreceptor cells (cone cells) in macula from potentially damaging forms of light and light-originated free radical damages.
- May help prevent macular degeneration.
- Shields the optic nerve and may help deter the development of age-related eye disorders such as macular degeneration, a leading cause of blindness in older people.
- Reduces the risk of cataracts
Lutein is a yellow carotenoid pigment produced by plants and found in our eyes in the central area of the retina, called macula. A special antioxidant pigment accumulates within the neural retina directly over the central macular region. This antioxidant is observed as a yellow spot called the macula lutea. This yellow pigment is derived from the diet in foods that are rich in lutein and zeaxanthin, a non-vitamin A carotenoid pigment that is a cousin to beta-carotene.
Microcrystalline Cellulose (Plant Fiber), Rice Flour, Magnesium Stearate and Silica.
As a dietary supplement, take one (1) capsules daily with a meal, or as directed by a health care professional.
Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place.