Peter Gillhams Natural Vitality natural calm plus calcium powder
- Peter Gillham's Natural Vitality Natural Calm Plus Calcium is formulated to prevent a surplus of calcium robbing the body's vital magnesium supply and to avoid the symptoms associated with depleted levels of magnesium.
- Peter Gillham's Natural Vitality Natural Calm Plus Calcium's premeium formulation includes vitamin D, boron and vitamin C to facilitate the assimilation, distribution and utilization of calcium.
- Peter Gillham's Natural Vitality Natural Calm Plus Calcium is excellent for athletes and anyone who works out.
- Peter Gillham's Natural Vitality Natural Calm Plus Calcium assists in preventing muscle cramping and helps reduce lactic acid.
- Calcium is an important nutrient essential for maintaining total body health.
- Your body needs it every day-not just to keep your bones and teeth strong, but to ensure proper functioning of muscles and nerves.
- It even helps your blood to clot.
- Excess calcium can deplete its vital sister mineral, magnesium, from the body and, as a result, can bring about symptoms of magnesium depletion, listed on the green page of this brochure.
- Calcium acts to excite nerves and is necessary for muscle contraction.
- Magnesium, on the other hand, calms nerves and is needed for muscle relaxation.
- Calcium makes bones stiff and hard, but magnesium is needed to avoid their becoming brittle.
- An excess of unabsorbed calcium may result in kidney stones and deposits in soft tissues such as arteries and heart cells, where it can calcify or harden into insoluble calcium.
Calcium Needs Magnesium:They believe calcium should not be taken on its own because it can pull magnesium out of body parts to supply the magnesium it requires for assimilation. Magnesium is necessary for over 300 different biochemical processes, such as digestion, energy production and the metabolism of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. It is also needed for bone strength, muscle strength and proper functioning of the heart and nervous system. While calcium requires magnesium, magnesium does not require calcium and can be safely and beneficially taken on its own.
A Matter of Balance:
Calcium deficiency can be a serious issue. They have, however, compounded the problem by promoting calcium supplementation without magnesium. In the United States they are consuming about 10 times more calcium than magnesium. Very few calcium supplements incorporate magnesium and when they do, there is often an imbalance of twice as much calcium as magnesium. In addition to the many calcium (without magnesium) supplements on the market, calcium is now added to cereals, crackers, juice, antacids and many other items (including soft drinks). Without a proper balance of these two minerals, magnesium becomes depleted, which can result in the negative effects associated with lack of magnesium and a buildup of unassimilated calcium.
Sports Formula:Athletes put their bodies under intense stress. Strenuous exercising and sweating (due to exertion and high temperatures) cause the body to lose magnesium. Many athletes are deficient in both calcium and magnesium.
Magnesium is also essential in addressing an issue common to almost all athletes-muscle cramping. When cramping occurs in workouts or competition, it is a sign of low magnesium levels. Natural Calm Plus Calcium balances a highly soluble and bioavailable form of calcium with Natural Calm-the best-selling, award-winning magnesium supplement-plus vitamins and minerals, so that the calcium you take will be fully utilized and you will have healthy magnesium levels. Magnesium won't be depleted by calcium and there will not be a buildup of unabsorbed calcium.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Magnesium Citrate, Magnesium Ascorbate, Calcium Gluconate, Potassium Citrate, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Vitamin D3, Boron Citrate (Please See Product Details).
Suggested Use: 1-2 teaspoons twice per day at any time, at least 5 hours apart.
- Individual needs may vary.
- Start with 1 teaspoon daily and gradually increase to 2 teaspoons twice daily.
- When bowels are comfortably loose, this is the normal amount.
- Some people may need to start with a half-teaspoon only and gradually work up to higher amounts.
How to Prepare: Place powder in a glass or mug; add 3-4 oz of hot or boiling water and stir until dissolved. Fill glass with warm water and enjoy like a hot tea. Natural juice may be added in place o water when preparing for children.