Ridvantage lice comb
- The only comb with Rid's patent-pending diamond-tine design.
- 100% effective for the removal of head and body lice eggs.
- Double-sided design with stand-up base makes treatment user-friendly.
- For removal of lice, eggs, and nits.
California’s Proposition 65 Warning: May This item contains chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. Reference by California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) at: www.oehha.ca.gov/prop65/prop65_list/Newlist.html.
- Getting Started:
- Have on hand extra towels, bobby pins or hair clips, facial tissue or paper towels, and a regular comb for parting and detangling hair.
- Find a distraction for your child (e.g book, TV, game).
- Shampoo hair. You must use a detangler/conditioner to make hair easier to comb or continue dampening hair throughout combing process.
- Comb out damp hair with a regular wide-tooth comb to take out snarls and tangles.
- Remove lice, eggs, and nits:
- Use the RIDvantage Lice Comb.
- Hair should remain slightly damp while removing nits. If hair dries during combing, dampen slightly with water.
- For head lice, part hair into sections. Do one section at a time starting on top of head. Longer hair may take 1 to 2 hours.
- Lift a 1-to-2-inch wide strand of hair. Place RIDvantage Lice Comb as close to scalp as possible and comb with a firm, even motion away from the scalp.
- Pin back each strand of hair after combing.
- Clean comb often. Wipe eggs and nits away with tissue and discard in a plastic bag. Seal bag and discard.
- After combing, thoroughly recheck for lice, eggs, and nits. Repeat combing if necessary.
- Check daily for any lice, eggs, or nits that you may have missed.
- Other information:
- This product does not kill lice or their eggs. Use this product only after treating with RID Lice Killing Shampoo or other similar product.
- It is important to wash in hot water [above 54�C (130�F)] all clothing, bedding, towels, and hair products (combs/brushes) used by infested persons.
- Dry clean non washable fabrics.
- To eliminate infestation of furniture and bedding that cannot be washed or dry cleaned, a multi-use lice spray may be used such as the RID Home Lice, Bedbug and Dust Mite Spray.
Shipping Weight : 0.10 lb