Home > Senior and Home Medical Needs > Diagnostic Products, Health Monitors > Thermometers for Ear >
Becton Dickinson Instant Ear Thermometer for Temperature Measurement - 1 Each
Becton Dickinson Instant Ear Thermometer is easy to use.
You Save: $13.29 (39.1%)
Earn Points on this item:20
Availability: In Stock
Usually Ships in 1-2 Business Days
MANUFACTURER: RECKITT BENCKISER CONSUMER.
INDICATIONS:Becton Dickinson Instant Ear Thermometer for Temperature Measurement
Instant Ear Thermometer is easy to use.
- Large display with bright, easy-to-read night light.
- Read-out in either Fahrenheit or Celsius.
- Accuracy demonstrated in laboratory environment.
- Compact size and light weight.
- Built-in audible alarm.
- Memory function (8 memories).
- Automatic power off for power saving.
- Low power warning.
- User friendly ergonomic design.
- Protective cover and battery included.
- 1. Remove the protective cover from the thermometer by pushing up the tab at the bottom of the protective cover.
- 2. Press the ON/M button once to turn-on the thermometer.
- 3. The full display will come on to show that the unit is working properly.
- 4. It will be followed by the 'F', the battery, the probe cover and the 'READY' symbols. The Probe Cover symbol is a reminder that a new probe cover should always be installed before taking a temperature. Please refer to the 'Replacing the Probe Cover' on pages 12-13.
- 5. When the READY symbol stops blinking the thermometer is ready to take a reading.
- 6. To straighten the ear canal, tug the ear. For children under 1 year old, pull the ear straight back.
- 7. For adults or children over 1 year old, pull the ear up and back.
- 8. Gently and carefully place the thermometer probe tip snugly into the ear canal while tugging the ear.
- 9. When the probe is properly seated in the ear canal press and hold the blue ACTIVATION button. In approximately one second a short beep will be heard to confirm the end of measurement. Probe must be snug and fully seated against the opening of the ear canal throughout the reading. Failure to properly seat the thermometer probe in the ear canal opening may result in a lower temperature reading.
- 10. Remove the thermometer from the ear, and record the temperature reading.
- 11. Press the BACKLIGHT button and hold it for easy nighttime reading, if desired.
- 12. The thermometer will be ready for a new measurement when the 'READY' symbol stops blinking.
- 13. The thermometer will turn off automatically after one minute.
- 14. Replace the probe cover. See instructions on the next age.
Shipping Weight : 1.00 lb