Fleet enema ready to use saline laxative, regular
- #1 Doctor recommended.
- Latex free.
- Soft, Flexible comfortip.
- Easy Squeeze.
- Clinically proven to be both safe and effective.
- For relief of occasional constipation or bowel cleansing before rectal examinations.
California’s Proposition 65 Warning: This item contains chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. Reference by California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) at: www.oehha.ca.gov/prop65/prop65_list/Newlist.html.
- Remove orange protective shield from enema Comfortip before inserting.
- With steady pressure, gently insert enema tip into rectum with a slight side-to-side movement, with tip pointing toward navel.
- Insertion may be easier if person receiving enema bears down, as if having a bowel movement.
- This helps relax the muscles around the anus.
- Do not force the enema tip into rectum as this can cause injury.
- Squeeze bottle until nearly all liquid is gone. It is not necessary to empty the bottle completely, as it contains more liquid than needed.
- Remove Comfortip from rectum and maintain position until urge to evacuate is strong (usually 2 to 5 minutes).
- Positions for using this enema:
- Left-side position: Lie on left side with knee bent, and arms resting comfortably.
- Knee-chest position:
- Kneel, then lower head and chest forward until left side of face is resting on surface with left arm folded comfortably.
- For rectal use only.
- Dosage warning: Using more than one enema in 24 hours can be harmful.
- Ask a doctor before using this product if you: are on a sodium-restricted diet, have a kidney disease, or are pregnant or nursing a baby.Ask a doctor before using any laxative if you have:bdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting, a sudden change in bowel habit lasting more than 2 weeks or already used a laxative for more than 1 week.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if you have: rectal bleeding or no bowel movement after the enema is given. These symptoms may indicate a serious condition.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Do not use in patients with megacolon, gastrointestinal obstruction, imperforate anus, or congestive heart failure.
- Use with caution in patients with impaired renal function, pre-existing electrolyte disturbances, or a colostomy, or in patients on diuretics or other medications that may affect electrolyte levels.
- Hypocalcemia, hyperphosphatemia, hypernatremia, hypokalemia or acidosis may occur.
Shipping Weight : 2.00 lb