Home > Oral Hygiene, Dentures > Dentures Care >
- Fit for all night hold
- For superior retention
- Professional protection
DenTek custom comfort dental guard for nighttime teeth grinding - 2 ea
Reducing the damage to teeth and preventing the noise of teeth grinding.
You Save: $6.28 (22.4%)
Availability: In Stock
Usually Ships in 1-2 Business Days
DenTek custom comfort dental guard for nighttime teeth grinding
- For nighttime teeth grinding.
- Custom molds to teeth for superior fit.
- Comfortably cushions all teeth.
- Stays in place all night.
- Professional protection.
- Custom fit for all night hold.
- 1 size fits all.
- Proper care of your Dentek Dental Guard will extend its life.
- After each use, rinse the dental protector in cool water or mouthwash.
- Never use hot water on your dental protector as it might lose its shape.
- Store in the hygienic storage container when not in use.
- What you need to begin: A pot (if using a stove) or a ceramic cup (if using a microwave), a metal spoon or fork, a clock with a second hand, a ceramic plate, a mirror.
- Fitting instructions: Using either a stove or microwave, bring a pot or cup of water to a rolling boil.
- Remove pot or cup of boiling water and let it rest for 15 seconds.
- Place the dental guard with the soft, formable material facing down into the hot water for 50 seconds.
- Remove it with a metal spoon or fork and place on a plate (with the soft, formable material facing up) for 10 seconds to cool off.
- Immediately pick up the dental guard by the base and carefully place in your mouth but do not bite down yet.
- While looking in a mirror, align the center below your front two teeth and the sides below your molars.
- Firmly bite down and strongly suck in to remove excess moisture.
- With teeth clenched, use your fingers to mold the soft, formable material up and around the outside of your teeth and gums.
- Use your tongue to mold the material against the roof of your mouth.
- Open your mouth and use your thumbs to mold the soft, formable material against the roof of your mouth and up and around the inside of your teeth and gums.
- Firmly bite down again and leave the dental guard in your mouth until it cools to body temperature about 3 to 4 minutes.
- If you achieved a comfortable fit and the dental guard stays in place, you have finished the fitting process and are now ready to wear your DenTek Custom Comfort Dental Guard.
- If you did not get a good fit the first time, repeat the boiling process one more time beginning with Step 1. After two attempts, however, the material loses retention and you will need to fit the bonus dental guard.
- Cleaning and care: After each use, brush your dental guard with toothpaste and/or mouthwash.
- Never rinse in hot water as it could alter the shape of your dental guard.
- Replacing your dental guard: All dental guards should be replaced over time.
- Please check your dental guard monthly for wear.
- If one wears out, please use the bonus dental guard included.
- The life of your DenTek Custom Comfort Dental Guard depends on how often you grind and the force of your teeth grinding.
- On average, each dental guard should last approximately six months or longer.
- Do not use:
- As a sports mouthpiece. The product is designed to absorb top-to-bottom pressure not shock absorption.
- If you are under 18 years of age.
- For more than three months without consulting your dentist.
- If you have loose teeth or teeth that can wiggle.
- If your dentist has told you that you have temporomadibular joint pain or clicking of the jaw.
- If you have nay pain from teeth grinding, or other forms of tooth or jaw pain.
- If you have dental implants, or wear dentures braces or other dental appliances.
- Ask a dentist before use if you have:
- Major health problems or serious breathing or respiratory conditions.
- Oral sores, bleeding gums or any gum disease.
- Cavities that have no fillings, or loose fillings or caps.
- Difficulty chewing or pain of jaw, teeth or face.
- Two or more missing teeth.
- Stop using and ask a dentist if:
- You develop soreness, bleeding gums or any other reaction inside your mouth.
- You develop jaw pain, teeth pain, ear pain, headache, neck stiffness, or joint clicking when using this product.
- The same symptoms persists after a month of use.
- The product falls out of your mouth easily.
- The product disrupts breathing, feels uncomfortable of causes you to gag.
- You have a change in your bite that persists more than a few minutes after removing the product.
Shipping Weight : 0.50 lb