MANUFACTURER: ROSS NUTRITIONAL.
INDICATIONS:Phenex-2 amino acid modified medical food, unflavored powder
- Nutrition support of children and adults with phenylketonuria (PKU).
- Phenylalanine-free to allow greater intake of intact protein.
- Fortified with L-tyrosine, an essential amino acid that is often deficient in patients with PKU.
- Powder supplemented with L-carnitine (40 mg/100 g) and taurine (50 mg/100 g) to help supply amounts normally found in foods of animal origin.
- Provides approximately 30% of energy as fat to help supply essential fatty acids.
- Nutrient profile specifically designed for children and adults.
- When fed according to the Abbott Nutrition Support Protocols, provides adequate amounts of all nutrients.
Corn Syrup Solids, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Sodium Citrate, Soy Oil, L-Leucine, L-Tyrosine, L-Proline, L-Lysine Acetate, L-Glutamine, L-Valine, Calcium Phosphate, L-Isoleucine, L-Arginine, L-Alanine, Glycine, Magnesium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, L-Asparagine, L-Serine, L-Threonine, Silicon Dioxide, L-Histidine, DATEM*, Potassium Citrate, Potassium Phosphate, L-Methionine, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Cystine Dihydrochloride, L-Tryptophan, L-Aspartic Acid, Calcium Carbonate, Ascorbic Acid, Taurine, Choline Chloride, m-Inositol, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, L-Carnitine, Niacinamide, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Mixed Tocopherols, Cupric Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Palmitate, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Potassium Iodide, Chromium Chloride, Beta-Carotene, Biotin, Sodium Selenate, Phylloquinone, Sodium Molybdate, Vitamin D3, and Cyanocobalamin.
- Follow physician's instructions carefully.
- Approximate weights for unpacked, level, dry US standard household measures for powder:
- Do not heat or use in cooking.
- Not for parenteral use.
- Must be supplemented with protein and fluid in prescribed amounts to completely meet phenylalanine and water requirements.
- Use under medical supervision.