MANUFACTURER: Manufacturer Name
INDICATIONS: Glucerna 1.2 Cal complete balanced nutrition snack shake can
is a specialized calorically-dense formula with a unique carbohydrate blend for enhanced glycemic control, and fish oil. It is clinically shown to blunt postprandial glycemic response, and thus help improve blood glucose control.
- For patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes.
- For patients with impaired glucose tolerance resulting from metabolic stress, such as illness, trauma, and infection.
- For tube or oral feeding.
- For supplemental or sole-source nutrition.
- For use under medical supervision.
- Not for parenteral use.
In a clinical study, Glucerna 1.2 Cal reduced peak postprandial blood glucose response by 49 mg/dL (69%) versus a standard 1.2 Cal formulation with fiber in people with diabetes At 1.2 Cal/mL, the ability to meet patient needs with less volume can be achieved Unique blend of slowly-digested carbohydrates contributes to blunted postprandial glucose response
Benefits of Nutraflora scFOS include:
- Low in saturated fatty acids (4% of total calories) and rich in monounsaturated fatty acids (28% of total calories) for improved glycemic control and blood lipid profiles..
- Provides both plant based omega-3 fatty acids from canola oil (3 g of ALA per 1500 calories) and fish oil. Glucerna 1.2 Cal provides omega 3-fatty acids EPA + DHA (1g per 1500 Cal) from fish oil which meets .
- American Heart Association recommendations for reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- 20% of calories from protein to promote anabolism and support wound healing.
- Includes 10 g/L of NutraFlora scFOS (2.4 g/8 fl.oz. and 15 g/ 1.5 L).
- Help to maintain GI-tract integrity, being the preferred energy source of the colonocytes.
- Stimulate water and electrolyte uptake in the colon 5, 6, which is important in the management of diarrhea.
- Fermented by bacteria in the colon to short chain fatty acids, which inhibit the growth of C. difficilein at-risk patients minimum 10 g/day recommended).
- Prebiotics that stimulate the growth of beneficial bacteria (e.g., bifidobacteria) in the colon.
- Enhance calcium absorption (3 g/day).
- Help maintain a healthy immune system.
Water, Sodium Caseinate, Corn maltodextrin, High oleic safflower oil, Isomaltulose, Canola oil, Fructose, Soy protein isolate, Sucromalt, Fructooligosacharides, Glycerine, Milk protein concentrate, Oat fiber, Soy lecithin, Soy fiber, Potassium citrate, Marine oil (may contain one or more of the following: anchovy, menhaden, salmon, sardine, tuna), Magnesium phosphate, Natural and artificial flavors, Potassium chloride, m-Inositol, Calcium carbonate, Calcium citrate, Sodium citrate, Ascorbic acid, Choline chloride, Sodium chloride, L-Carnitine, Taurine, Carrageenan, Ferrous sulfate, dl-alpha-tocopheryl acetate, Zinc sulfate, Niacinamide, Calcium pantothenate, Manganese sulfate, Cupric sulfate, Vitamin A palmitate, Thiamine chloride hydrochloride, Pyridoxine hydrochloride, Beta-carotene, Riboflavin, Sodium selenate, Chromium picolinate, Folic acid, Biotin, Sodium molybdate, Potassium iodide, Phylloquinone, Cyanocobalamin, and Vitamin D3. (FAN 8379)Contains milk and soy ingredients. Gluten- and lactose-free.
PREPARATION:Preparation InstructionsOral Feeding
May be used for total or supplemental nutrition. May be fed at room temperature or chilled.Tube Feeding
Follow physician�s instructions. Adjust flow rate and volume according to patient�s condition and tolerance. If pump feeding, use an 8 Fr or larger tube. If gravity feeding, use a 10 Fr or larger tube. Administer product at room temperature. Additional fluid requirements should be met by giving water between or after feedings, or when flushing the tube. Avoid contamination during preparation and use.