MANUFACTURER: PHARMACEUTICAL ASSOC INC.
INDICATIONS:Calcium carbonate oral suspension 1250mg/5 ml
For use in the prevention of calcium deficiency when needed or as directed by a physician. Use as an antacid, and treatment and prevention of calcium deficiency or hyperphosphatemia (eg, osteoporosis, osteomalacia, mild/moderate renal insufficiency, hypoparathyroidism, postmenopausal osteoporosis, rickets); has been used to bind phosphate.
Calcium Carbonate supplements are taken by individuals who are unable to get enough calcium in their regular diet or who have a need for more calcium. They are used to prevent or treat several conditions that may cause hypocalcemia (not enough calcium in the blood). The body needs calcium to make strong bones. Calcium is also needed for the heart, muscles, and nervous system to work properly.
Each 5 mL (1 teaspoonful) contains: Calcium Carbonate 1250 mg (equivalent to 500 mg elemental Calcium).
citric acid, calcium saccharin, D&C Red No. 33, FD&C Red No. 40, flavor,glycerin, methylparaben, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, sorbitol, and xanthan gum, Sodium Content: 0 mg per 5 mL, May not meet USP monograph requirements for pH.
- The usual adult dose of this product is 5 mL two to three times daily with meals or as directed by a physician.
- 10 mL of suspension provides 1000 mg Calcium � 100% U.S. RDA for adults and children 12 or more years of age.
- Shake well before using.
- Store at controlled room temperature, 20 degrees - 25 degrees C (68 degrees - 77 degrees F). Protect from freezing.
- Ask a doctor before use if you have kidney stones or are on a calcium-restricted diet.
- If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.