Home > First Aid, Wound Care > Clinical Wound Care > Dressing and Pads >
Maxorb Extra Ag Silver Alginate, Size: 12 x 1 inch, Rope - 5 Ea / Box, 4 Box / Case
MSC9412EP. Medline Maxorb Extra Ag Silver Alginate releases silver extremely small amounts that do not damage healthy tissue, and a highly absorbent.
Availability: In Stock
Usually Ships in 1-2 Business Days
MANUFACTURER: MEDLINE INDUSTRIES.INDICATIONS: Maxorb Extra Ag Silver Alginate, size: 12 x 1 inch, rope is a controlled release, non cytotoxic ionic silver with exceptional fluid handling. It is a non woven pad composed of a high G (guluronic acid) calcium alginate, carboxymethylcellulose (CMC) and ionic silver. Exposure to wound exudate dissolves the silver and stimulates the release of silver ions. As more fluid is absorbed over time, more silver ions are released, creating a controlled-release antimicrobial effect. The silver ions protect from a broad spectrum of microorganisms, including MRSA and VRE. It is biocompatible, non-irritating, non-sensitizing and will not harm new granulation tissue.
Applying Maxorb Extra Ag
- Cleanse wound with normal saline or wound cleanser and gently dry surrounding area.
- Apply dressing to moist wound surface. Loosely pack for deeper wounds.
- Cover with secondary dressing.
When to change / reapply Maxorb Extra Ag
- Maxorb Extra Ag can be left in place up to 7 days, or as directed.
- Change Maxorb Extra Ag if you see fluid on the outer dressing.
Removing Maxorb Extra Ag
- Gently remove the cover dressing.
- Gently remove the Maxorb Extra Ag dressing from wound.
- If the dressing has adhered to the wound bed, moisten with saline or wound cleanser to loosen before removal.
Shipping Weight : 3.00 lb