Home > First Aid, Wound Care > Clinical Wound Care > Dressing and Pads >
Medline Maxorb Extra Ag Silver Alginate, Size: 4 x 4.75 inch, Sheet - 10 Ea / Box
MSC9445EPZ. Medline Maxorb Extra Ag Silver Alginate is a highly absorbent, non woven pad composed of a high guluronic acid calcium alginate, carboxymethylcellulose and ionic silver.
Earn Points on this item:138
Availability: In Stock
Usually Ships in 1-2 Business Days
MANUFACTURER: MEDLINE INDUSTRIES.INDICATIONS: Medline Maxorb Extra Ag Silver Alginate, Size: 4 x 4.75 inch, Sheet is a highly absorbent, non woven pad composed of a high G (guluronic acid) calcium alginate, carboxymethylcellulose (CMC) and ionic silver. Exposure to wound exudate dissolves the silver and stimulates the release of silver ions. As more fluid is absorbed over time, more silver ions are released, creating a controlled-release antimicrobial effect. The silver ions protect from a broad spectrum of microorganisms, including MRSA and VRE. Plus Maxorb Extra Ag releases silver extremely small amounts that do not damage healthy tissue. Maxorb Extra Ag is biocompatible, non-irritating, non-sensitizing and will not harm new granulation tissue. The silver acts as an antimicrobial to help protect the wound against infection.
Applying Maxorb Extra Ag
- Cleanse wound with normal saline or wound cleanser and gently dry surrounding area.
- Apply dressing to moist wound surface. Loosely pack for deeper wounds.
- Cover with secondary dressing.
When to change / reapply Maxorb Extra Ag
- Maxorb Extra Ag can be left in place up to 7 days, or as directed.
- Change Maxorb Extra Ag if you see fluid on the outer dressing.
Removing Maxorb Extra Ag
- Gently remove the cover dressing.
- Gently remove the Maxorb Extra Ag dressing from wound.
- If the dressing has adhered to the wound bed, moisten with saline or wound cleanser to loosen before removal.
Shipping Weight : 1.00 lb